German Falls To His Death From 56Th Floor At Pattaya Park Tower

Rimmer

German falls to his death from 56th floor at Pattaya Park Tower

german-5.jpg

PATTAYA:--A German National reportedly fell to his death from the 56th floor at the Pattaya Park Tower in Jomtien on Thursday Night.

Police and rescue workers were called to the 5th floor terrace of the Pattaya Park Hotel just after 7.30pm by Security Guards, one of them witnessing the fall as he patrolled around the Hotel.

It was confirmed by Police that Mr. Stefan Heiner Volkl aged 39 had jumped off a balcony on the 56th floor. Mr. Volkl was staying at the Nova Gold Hotel in Central Pattaya in Room Number 808. Staff at the Hotel revealed he had checked in alone on 6th November and was due to check out on 9th November.

Mr. Volkl was also carrying a note which requested Police to contact his Wife in Germany which appeared to be signed by the apparent suicide victim.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65387/german-falls-death-56th-floor-pattaya-park-tower/#

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

RIP.

Is it neccessary to publish what is presumably his body and his suicide note?

No - just imagine the number of people that might read that before his wife. Horrible reporting sad.png

This is done in many cultures and countries around the world in journalism, not just THAILAND. Why don't you assimilate if your going to be here. Maybe the guy should have thought twice before killing himself. A news article in Thai with a few pictures doesn't change the tragic results and is not going to make his wife feel any worse.

RIP.

No - just imagine the number of people that might read that before his wife. Horrible reporting sad.png

Poor chap, what an awful way to go.

Curious as to why they feel it nessisary to include the room number as well. Do you think they'll close room 808 from now on.

Very sad and very inappropriate to do this in Asia, where the belief in spirits of the dead is very strong, unlike in our native Europe. You are basically contaminating the place.

Poor chap, what an awful way to go.

Curious as to why they feel it nessisary to include the room number as well. Do you think they'll close room 808 from now on.

Maybe as there will be contact details in his room, and not an unknown person, with little means of identifying him.

Whatever the reason, RIP. A sad way to go.

RIP.

I agree but at least there wasn't anything personal in the note and her name and contact details were vaselined.

German Tourist falls 51 Floors in apparent Suicide

volkl.jpg

Pattaya: Tourist falls 51 floors to death in apparent suicide

Thailand’s Police are liaising with the German embassy and Bavarian Police after a 39 year old German tourist jumped from the 56th floor of one of Pattaya’s tallest buildings in what is seen as a suicide after possible problems in his homeland.

Security guards heard the thud as his body crashed onto a 5th floor balcony of the Park Tower building and, once they had overcome their shock, they called the authorities who attended quickly. Without doubt,and without gory details, the gentleman was beyond any assistance, having fallen 51 floors, and was confirmed as dead at the scene.

Stefan Heiner Voelkl (spelling is correct ) was a tourist from Wurzburg in Southern Germany and had been staying at the Nova Gold hotel for the past 3 days. Investigators who found the hotel card in his possession visited the hotel and checkd his room, which contained his bags and passport, and staff reported that he had mentioned he was going to explore the Park Tower Hotel as he left that evening.

Among the possessions found on his body, Police found a brief note asking that his wife, Tanja, be contacted in the event of his death and, after initial reviews, the note, together with his accommodation seem to have been part of a planned suicide.

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Maybe the guy should have thought twice before killing himself.

That's obvious, but have you have ever thought what a guy in that situation was been thinking? I didn't and i never will.

The idea came never up to me, but what circumstances will bring someone to this act?

Don't judge please, just feel sorry for the poor guy, but more for his family, that's enough!

R.I.P. Sorry, but there are no balconies on the 56th floor, because that is the viewing platform, which is normally closed at darkness. I don't know, who is making up all these stories, either he hit on the viewing platform and waited till the platform was empty or he jumped from the balcony on a different floor. I can see the tower and the hotel from my condo.

R.I.P. Sorry, but there are no balconies on the 56th floor, because that is the viewing platform, which is normally closed at darkness. I don't know, who is making up all these stories, either he hit on the viewing platform and waited till the platform was empty or he jumped from the balcony on a different floor. I can see the tower and the hotel from my condo.

Exactly! Howard needs to pick up his game on this one.

Maybe the guy should have thought twice before killing himself.

That's obvious, but have you have ever thought what a guy in that situation was been thinking? I didn't and i never will.

The idea came never up to me, but what circumstances will bring someone to this act?

Don't judge please, just feel sorry for the poor guy, but more for his family, that's enough!

This guy must have thought a thousand times about this before doing it.

And no reason to think about him as ''This poor guy''. And no no need to feel sorry for him as well.

Most certainly has more courage than any other... Just did not like living. For him, he is better off now. His family can just put an end trying to make this guy enjoy life....he just could not... Certainly there will be some sadness around for a while....

I do enjoy life, so I will never be able to fully understand his motivation. But I do have lots of respect for his courage.

poor soul... what must go wrong in somebodys life to do something like that?

How do you know he didn't think about it many, many times ... even over months? Not knowing the deceased, you nor I don't know why he checked out. But clinical depression is a disease that can drive an otherwise-healthy person to kill their self. It happens all the time. Edited by HerbalEd

With respect to the deceased and condolences to the family I can't understand why it would be necessary to travel from Germany to Pattaya just to throw onesself of a building. If that was the intended suicide plan then why not stay in Germany and do it as I'm sure they would have lots of tall buildings and hotels there?

Could it be that there's more to this story? Perhaps he had developed a relationship with a Thai lady and he discovered it was over upon arrival in Pattaya?

Just speculation but it sure seems odd for a tourist or foreigner with a brief 3 day history here to then commit suicide.

Edited by EarthAlien

With respect to the deceased and condolences to the family I can't understand why it would be necessary to travel from Germany to Pattaya just to throw onesself of a building. If that was the intended suicide plan then why not stay in Germany and do it as I'm sure they would have lots of tall buildings and hotels there?

Could it be that there's more to this story? Perhaps he had developed a relationship with a Thai lady and he discovered it was over upon arrival in Pattaya?

Just speculation but it sure seems odd for a tourist or foreigner with a brief 3 day history here to then commit suicide.

Do we need to speculate here? People who delibertly take their own lives generally are not considered "rational" in decisions. Any combination of alcohol, drugs, mental illness, health issues, divorce, etc cloud their judgement. Most western countries don't feel the need to plaster photos and gory details over various medias like here - I swear it's like a Thai soap opera! If a person makes that drastic final decision at least protect his family and close friends.

RIP,

It is a long way to fall and regret it.

Alway in these situations he probably never knew just how many friends he did have to grieve his passing.

I suppose most of all I feel sorry for those who had the unpleasant task of clearing up the mess.

And yet again let thank our lucky stars that he did not land on someone.

The BBC, still accepted as being the leading news reporting agency does not go into graphic detail with reporting images or in description or explanation.

This standard would be better adhered to by those wishing to be viewed as ciivlised.

Dignity and respect needs to be maintained at all times when dealing with issues such as this.

The reproting here is base and revolting. Yet it is typical. The Thais can at least claim cultural differences. However, the foreign media agencies within pattaya are of the lowest denomimator, intellectually lacking and ignorantly unaware.

this has been quite common in Bangkok, pattaya and the tourist areas. what the ungratfuls don't realize is that when they do this, they put a hex on the hotel and a whole bunch of monks have to come out and sanitaze the place. they slipped up and posted the room number! no Thai will ever stay in that room. years ago when someone jumped off the raja in BKK the hotel would not publish the room number.