New Pattaya Plaza Bars..............any Good ?

AdmiralNelson

Showing how long ago it was that I was in Pattaya but they were building this area with the Bars down the centre and converting the Shophouses on the sides to small bars................Opposite the Top of Soi 8 ??

Have just come across another website mentioning them as half decent at least in price anyway !!

Any good is it ?? Am on a bit of a budget on the upcoming trip and if I can avoid 100+ Baht beers it would be nice. Any body frequent the area ??

Why don't you go to the top of soi 8 across second road and there's bars there Micky bar you are paying around 50 baht a beer

Yes thats what I am talking about ?? (I think I am anyway !!) Micky Bar is the one in the Centre Section ??

A number of the bars at the 2nd Rd end of the Plaza are OK - I usually drink in one of the ones in the middle section. Local beers such as Chang and Leo are 40 baht.

Also a few places half-way down Soi 7 are good value. Plus a couple of places on Beach Rd, at the bottom of Pattaya Klang and then again at the bottom of Soi 8, do draught for between 40 and 50 baht and the views out to the bay are way better.

If you really want to have a few beers and save money, then you want to be on Soi Bukhao - some of the deals there are not much more than 7-11 money.

There is a new hotel apartment block just opened down there. Some of the bars are OK some are full with the out and out scum of the earth.

Agree, some of the bars are open 24 hours and seem to be full of guys who have been there for days. Last time I went there some drunk Scottish guy started a fight with me because I beat him at pool. That was over a year ago - never again.

some are full with the out and out scum of the earth.

Really blink.png - I'm not a regular there but have been more than a few times. I've found the 2 bars I go to fine, beer is cheap and the bar staff are very friendly.

If I were you, I'd be careful about labelling a group of people as "scum of the earth".

• Like 2

Why don't you go to the top of soi 8 across second road and there's bars there Micky bar you are paying around 50 baht a beer

Yes thats what I am talking about ?? (I think I am anyway !!) Micky Bar is the one in the Centre Section ??

Yes that's it the women are not that good but the beer is cheap . You get a lot of expats drink there

Good for a cheap drink, there's generally a lot of friendly people about, and there are some great lookers if you search around.

A lot of the bars have tunes on computers so you can select a playlist, volume is always at a sensible level, and there's nowhere better in Patts to watch the football.

It's a great place to hang,and if that makes me the scum of the earth, I'm happy to be such.

Good for a cheap drink, there's generally a lot of friendly people about, and there are some great lookers if you search around.

A lot of the bars have tunes on computers so you can select a playlist, volume is always at a sensible level, and there's nowhere better in Patts to watch the football.

It's a great place to hang,and if that makes me the scum of the earth, I'm happy to be such.

Sounds good to me...............!!

DX BAR IS THE BEST BAR

3bars knocked into one,great thai owners who speak fluent english and german too.All premier league games on sat/sunday live,good prices on booze,free pool,3 free toilets,waht more can a man want.Some sour puss farang bar owners knock the place cos the rent is cheaper,most owned by thai so dont charge stupid prices,they dont need to live a farang lifestyle on our money.

DX BAR IS THE BEST BAR

3bars knocked into one,great thai owners who speak fluent english and german too.All premier league games on sat/sunday live,good prices on booze,free pool,3 free toilets,waht more can a man want.Some sour puss farang bar owners knock the place cos the rent is cheaper,most owned by thai so dont charge stupid prices,they dont need to live a farang lifestyle on our money.

Whereabouts is that one then.......?? Its a long time since ive been and they were just knocking up a couple bars when I was there......??

some are full with the out and out scum of the earth.

Really blink.png - I'm not a regular there but have been more than a few times. I've found the 2 bars I go to fine, beer is cheap and the bar staff are very friendly.

If I were you, I'd be careful about labelling a group of people as "scum of the earth".

Like I said some of them are OK. Some are full of the "scum of the earth" if being out your face on something and <deleted> and blinding loudly and arguing over the check bin like animals at 50+ years old is cool with you then I guess we've been bought up different.

Edited by Coca Cola

Like I said some of them are OK. Some are full of the "scum of the earth" if being out your face on something and <deleted> and blinding loudly and arguing over the check bin like animals at 50+ years old is cool with you then I guess we've been bought up different.

When did I refer to such boorish behaviour as 'cool' ? blink.png

But I do take umbrage at people labelling other human beings as scum of the earth.

And yes, I reckon we were probably raised very differently.