Frustratingly Short S3 Charging Cable - Any Solutions?

aussiebebe

I like to watch movies and play games on my S3 whilst keeping it charged via the mains. The cable is too short - would any USB to micro USB cable suffice or would it have to be a Samsung branded one - does anyone know? I asked at my local Samsung shop but they didn't sell longer cables.

Thanks

any mini usb cable does work and I use a longer one from a previous HTC...

also USB extender cables (when fiddling behind the computer becomes annoying) can also be used a bridge from plug to phone charging cable.

• Like 1

i had this problem last week and i bought a male to female 2m usb extension (100 thb ) and used the 1m samsung micro usb cable connected to that

(it charged so slowly it was painful to watch,like 1% every 10 min or so while using phone )

i then went back and bought a 3m micro usb cable and it solved the problem perfectly (150 thb ) in fortune (same 3rd floor shop called natty)

there is no need to buy expensive samsung cables ,the cheap 3m one for 150thb charges it in about the same time as the original 1m samsung that came with the phone

3-3.5 hours on both cables while using the phone ,samsung galaxy nexus

Edited by YipYipYa123

Not all USB cables are created equal. Extension cords shouldn't be a problem, but the actual USB cords that are used to connect the different phones to the computer from your phone or for charging are not always the same. This has to do with what the official USB standard is and what the phone spec requires for power draw and making sure that the phone can connect properly to the computer.

I found that tesco brand cables or their white label brands are pretty good all-purpose cables. Other shops it is best to test the cable at the shop with your laptop?