Places For Loy Kratong

rookball

Thats like asking where you can stand during songran so as not to get wet.

from tuesday, the opening ceremony at Tapae it will be heaving pretty much all along the river especially the flower market side up to the US consulate area. I have floated kratongs on the river bank adjacent to the Dukes, its not as busy but i recall it was quite muddy.

I think just go with the flow...not the river flow i hasten to add, experience it at full pelt, be aware of the dangers, such as kids with fireworks, western tourists with alcohol in their hands.

but dont look for a hiding place, get involved and share your experience with everyone else.

One year, we did the shopping for banana leaves, trunks, flowers, candles and was shown how to make kratongs. So, of course, we had to go to the river to let them float. It was a bit crowded going through the crowds and even getting a songthaew to drop us off close enough to the river. It was kind of fun.

Regarding the lanterns, we've never seen the masses light them, but around a moo baan that we once lived in, we got to see our neighbors light them and let it go. It was kind of neat. Other than that, we just enjoy just looking up in the sky this time of year and seeing the lights up in the sky.