40K In Thailand

matt helm

If you marry a Thai wife, good luck making it last a year, even if she comes from the poorest part of the country. You will be the meal ticket for the extended family. Bar girls are much cheaper.

Oh dear...

• Like 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as transportation goes I was planning to use just public transport at least till I get to know the place better. Scooters scare the hell out of me and I have no plans on renting or buying one. In fact I would like to avoid driving there completely if possible so I'm guessing Bangkok might be my best bet.

As far as transportation goes I was planning to use just public transport at least till I get to know the place better. Scooters scare the hell out of me and I have no plans on renting or buying one. In fact I would like to avoid driving there completely if possible so I'm guessing Bangkok might be my best bet.

Public transport as in BTS or MRT means you have to live close to one of those stations which will increase your monthly rent dramatically.

Come to Pattaya then. The town is fairly small and compact. If you live centrally you walk to most places in 30 minutes and there is a very good public transport system (baht bus) for 10 baht a trip. People will say it's more expensive here but i'm not sure that's the case. Only if you party and drink, most normal costs are the same all over Thailand.

2 - 3 years for Joe Average.

Want a nice car, expat lifestyle, fully furnished house with all mod cons in Bangkok, Phuket or Samui at a nice big fat overpriced tourist rate, well, about 4 months.

you need too get real fella.............................nom nam nar

Your post makes no sense.

Try rereading what I said.

Also I believe you are looking for the Thai spiteful schadenfreude phrase, "som nam nar" which has absolutely no relation to what I posted. Try posting sober next time.

And if you insist on using Thai hooker-speak, I will "top salop salai" you tongue.png

Edited by Briggsy

Come to Pattaya then. The town is fairly small and compact. If you live centrally you walk to most places in 30 minutes and there is a very good public transport system (baht bus) for 10 baht a trip. People will say it's more expensive here but i'm not sure that's the case. Only if you party and drink, most normal costs are the same all over Thailand.

Used to be a quite good advice. but no longer.

The miserable traffic jam here makes it no better than BKK now