Change Of Scene Needed - Sukhumvit To Samsen, Phra Arthit, Banglumphu? Advice?

Paulinho

Hi,

Been in Bangkok on and off for 3/4 years. Am thinking of moving from sukhumvit as I want a change of scene. I've lived in several areas around Sukhimvit (Ekamai, T Lor, Asoke etc..) and have been around Bangkok a fair bit, and right now I want somewhere new to live. I've racked my brains and for some reason have started thinking about moving to Banglumphu. If even for a few months, I think it would be interesting. Reasons:

- Have a different scene away from sukhumvit

- More live music bars, different cafes, restaurants, crowd, different people

- Want to check Chinatown more, and older parts of BKK

- Use the river more : explore using boats rather than sitting on motortaxis/in taxis up and down Suk every day...

- Get a different vibe

- Speak thai more / i.e. with locals

Thoughts:

- I've not heard of many decent condos down there? Heard of Juldis mansion - anyone know of this place or anywhere else : serviced place would be good so I can check it out more flexibly down there?

- I realise KS is close by. I never really go there - but there again, I realise that more Thais do so - and there are at least a few live music bars and it could be interesting occasionally and a change from the expat scene of sukhumvit/Silom etc.... Might even be a good way to meet a more diverse set of people - Thais, other travellers from asean, ngo types, artistes. Is this all sounding too bohemian? 55...

- I heard that Phra Athtit has some cool places.

So, does anyone live down there, have any thoughts, recommend any good condos, or sois, or just have thoughts on the lifestyle down there?

How much of a drag is it getting back into downtown Suk - do you end up going to National Stadium to the BTS? Or ferry back down the river to Saphan Kwai?

Thanks in advance,

Pauilinho

Edited by Paulinho
  • Like 1