Curry House Near Nana Bts

lorddaverichards

Off into Bangkok tomorrow and fancy a curry so looking for advice on where to go near BTS Nana - looking for a place that is 1. good food and not expensive - not looking for a posh place just a simple place with simple menu and good review. Not even sure how much curries are in Bangkok so any reviews on this would help

Many thanks

Dave

Plenty of choice around there - 2 vegetarian places - Dosa King on soi 11, Khana Khazana on the corner of Soi 11/1.

Non- veggie - 20m into Soi 11/1 on the right is Mrs Balbirs, or across the road on the corner of Soi 8 is India Today.

They're all pretty good and within a minute or 2's walk from the BTS

Edited by AdamBangkok
  • Like 1

I tried Mrs Balbirs when i was at Platinum the other day and although i appreciate it isn't her main restaurant, just a small stall, i thought it was pretty bad. Had a butter chicken and a masala and both of them were more like soups than curries. Very watery. Has put me off trying her main restaurant.

I tried Mrs Balbirs when i was at Platinum the other day and although i appreciate it isn't her main restaurant, just a small stall, i thought it was pretty bad. Had a butter chicken and a masala and both of them were more like soups than curries. Very watery. Has put me off trying her main restaurant.

I've tried Mrs Balbirs in Robinsons Sukhumvit food court and that was bad as well. Seems that once they franchise out these places the quality control goes through the floor - same experience with the Sunrise Taco's at Emporium / Paragon.

The food at Mrs B's on 11/1 is WAY better.

I've tried Mrs Balbirs in Robinsons Sukhumvit food court and that was bad as well. Seems that once they franchise out these places the quality control goes through the floor - same experience with the Sunrise Taco's at Emporium / Paragon.

The food at Mrs B's on 11/1 is WAY better.

Thanks for telling me. Perhaps i will give her main restaurant a go then. It does make you wonder though doesn't it. I assumed that the food at all of her outlets would be to the same quality. Seriously bad business practice to allow someone to sell crap food under your name.

• Like 1

but Mrs B aint exactly cheap

Dosa King is slightly lower price, but their north indian food aint that great. the south indian would be a better choice

India Today - similar price to Mrs B.

there is another indian in soi 8 that I havent tried but been told its ok

the Cross Bar also does some limited indian choices. I was very skeptical about ordering food in a pub, but have to say it was rather good. ok this is closer to BTS asoke rather than Nana