Easy Chocolate Cake

Tywais

What oven do you use ?

Looking at buying a Tefal Delice !

Any suggestions either way...

It is a Zanussi, a branch of Electrolux and bought at Robinsons in Chiang Mai for around 3000 Bath. You can see the cake pan on top cooling.

post-566-0-48563900-1354631862_thumb.jpg

The cake looks great Tywais but i don't like the half cup of Oil? seems a lot to me...big cup small cup?

I have seen the packet mix in Big C so will try it out and experiment ...i have the same oven smile.png

Edited by MrRed

The cake looks great Tywais but i don't like the half cup of Oil? seems a lot to me...big cup small cup?

I use a regular measuring cup for it marked with 1/4 1/3 etc. So just to the 1/2 cup line. Not sure what the best type of vegetable oil to use, I use standard soybean oil. Looking at the table from the link I just supplied, not clear what is best - sunflower oil? Would be useful to know what the safest/healthiest is. But as I mentioned, probably once in 2-4 months is the only time I make it.

Pineapple upside down cake from scratch.

Cake:

2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1/2 cup shortening (I use crisco)

1 cup milk

3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs

Preheat oven to 175 C. grease and flour 1 10" round pan. Mix together flour, baking powder & salt. set aside.

Cream sugar and shortening in a large bowl. add egs one at a time beating thoroughly. Add flour mixture and milk. Beat just to combine, stir in vanilla. Set aside.

Open 1 can of sliced pineapple, reserve the juice. Arrange the pineapple slices on the bottom of the pan. You can put marischino cherries in the pineapple holes to make it pretty. Spoon and spread a generous amount of brown sugar over the pineapple. Then spoon in the reserved pineapple juice to cover the brown sugar. not all but enohgh to generously cover it . Now spoon in and spread the prepare cake mix. Bake for 45-50 minuites checking with a tooth pick in the center.

Remove from oben and let cool15-20 minutes. Run a knife around the sodies of the pan and turn ovr on a plate. Let cool. Store in fridge.

You can use fresh pineappple but you neeed to soak it in hot sugar water for a while before using.

Really tastes great and is not fattening - NOT! Carrot cake is also very easy and healthy until you load it with butter cream icing!

Edited by wayned

I make a good banana bread and the little niece likes it too and when tutsi gets outta bed he finds her skulking about Tutsi's Western Kitchen...in an offhand manner I sez:'gwine t'make banana bread today and someone needs to mash the fruit and the butter...'...she takes the bait every time...

I baulk at packaged chocolate cake mixes as they use 'cocoa flavoring' when I want to dose the mixture with real Hershey's cocoa...however if one takes the time to whip up some nice cream the possibilities arise...

there is a scottish motorcycle girl around here whose creamy thighs might benefit from a dollop...

• 2 weeks later...