Gang Stages Shootout In Bangkok Hospital

webfact

My goodness are the red shirts invading hospitals once again?

Congratulations, you win the award for the most tenuous link to the red shirts from an unrelated article, and to manage it within one post is truly special.

Wow thanks I really appreciate the recognition. After all it was quite easy really. The article having the words gang, entering hospital and Bangkok. In my seventeen years here this is only the second time I can recall this happening. So you see it wasn't hard at all.

Dude! It is not recognition, it is sarcasm! *duh! By the way, I think you have spent too much time in Thailand, trust me they are not going to give you a seniority medal! hahaha...Rather they think you are getting stale here! Take a breather, travel out for a few months or years!

Funny one my friend. Did you really think that I was serious by saying I appreciate the recognition? If so then you are the one who needs the breather. Ever heard of satire?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One more time. This topic is about an incident in a Bangkok hospital. It is not about gun control. Any posts which are off topic will simply disappear so you're wasting your time and effort posting them in the first place.

I hope that the moronic gangsters are arrested soon. I can hardly bear to wait for the crime reconstruction and the sight of all those scrambled egg hatted crooks lining up for yet another Press photograph trying to claim credit.

There is a simple solution to this problem, that Thailand faces with it's youth. It is called the legal hammer. It is employed in Singapore, and China. In Singapore if one is caught with an unlicensed handgun, you are given the death penalty. And they have one of the lowest rates of homicide in the world, per capita. It works. In Thailand these goombahs hooligan youths commit these offenses, because they have no fear of what has to be considered one of the poorest police forces on the planet. So, you start spending money on law enforcement, which is long overdue in the LOS. And then you work on the anemic judiciary. And then you have far less of these wanton crimes by simple minded teenagers, who know nothing about anything. A shooting in a hospital. Where is that going to lead if nothing is done about it? Where is the limit to the ridiculousness of this behavior? Who is discussing the absentee parenthood problem?

And prior to enforcing this law, they should round em all up and hang em in Siam Square. Shooting up a hospital indeed!

Let's get back to ... Pol Maj Gen Manit Wongsomboon has vowed to bring the shooters to justice.

Well?? What's holding you up Major General? Surely the bikes were all over security cameras in (as stated multiple locations), number plates and also within the hospital or is this just another headline grab for your ego...

Are the cameras actually connect to anything, or just for show like much of thailand?

There is a simple solution to this problem, that Thailand faces with it's youth. It is called the legal hammer. It is employed in Singapore, and China. In Singapore if one is caught with an unlicensed handgun, you are given the death penalty. And they have one of the lowest rates of homicide in the world, per capita. It works. In Thailand these goombahs hooligan youths commit these offenses, because they have no fear of what has to be considered one of the poorest police forces on the planet. So, you start spending money on law enforcement, which is long overdue in the LOS. And then you work on the anemic judiciary. And then you have far less of these wanton crimes by simple minded teenagers, who know nothing about anything. A shooting in a hospital. Where is that going to lead if nothing is done about it? Where is the limit to the ridiculousness of this behavior? Who is discussing the absentee parenthood problem?

And prior to enforcing this law, they should round em all up and hang em in Siam Square. Shooting up a hospital indeed!

It is a lot safer for this brave heroic armed gang to go into a hospital and attack a lone patient because generally patients are there for a reason, sick or injured and patients aren't generally armed and shoot back. better odds.

Are we in Bangkok ? Thailand ? the land of smiles ? I guess the smile is gone since a very long time .

Yup. Land of smiles. I have never been anyplace where a smile is friendlier or can do more for a person. Crime and violence are everywhere. Nobody ever said that this country is without it. You want utopia then you were born on the wrong planet buddy.thumbsup.gif

Of course there is violence in other countries- but they don't portray them selves as kind, gentle, smiling folk.

Land of Smiles? OK, cool- walk the walk if you talk the talk smile.png

This is a gun crime involving gangs, happens everywhere.

As for the LOS bit, 99% of Thais are like that, decent people trying to live normal lives..

They hate this sort of thing also.

Don't condemn a complete country or its people based on the mindless few, that way we would all be damned.

Thailand has more become the land of guns and mistrust if you ask me. Thailand really need a steady hand to control it. Lets hope the HRM will be well soon. Long live the only true Hero of Thailand. wai.gif

They follow his example.

Edited by FarangTalk

Congratulations, you win the award for the most tenuous link to the red shirts from an unrelated article, and to manage it within one post is truly special.

Wow thanks I really appreciate the recognition. After all it was quite easy really. The article having the words gang, entering hospital and Bangkok. In my seventeen years here this is only the second time I can recall this happening. So you see it wasn't hard at all.

In that case you need to read more, its not uncommon. I don't think the recognition was meant in a positive way.

In that case you need to read more, its not uncommon. I dont think the recognition was meant in a posative way.

As I just posted in another thread, I am totally amazed that there are so many posters on this board that do not recognize satire when they see it. Maybe it has something to do with English not being their first language. If that is the case then I would understand it more.
  • Like 2

These guys haven't been watching enough Hitmman movies.

Maybe they're more into movies like Wyatt Earp...... straight to the OK Coral guns ablazing blink.png Big Big Mistake doing this at one of Bangkok's premier hospitals!!!!

If the Thai version of SWAT get wind of who they are they'll soon be wishing they had never seen a gun let alone fired one.

Old saying if you fly with the crows you'll get shot with the crows and I can see a few wings being clipped sometime soon

It is a lot safer for this brave heroic armed gang to go into a hospital and attack a lone patient because generally patients are there for a reason, sick or injured and patients aren't generally armed and shoot back. better odds.

These two bit punks have as much courage as a garden lizard. They are not men. Of course they will follow this guy into a hospital. They look for easy fights, and shy away from real fights with real men, unless they bring 8 of their punk, twerp, midget minded friends. They are tiny little boys with a heart of a small chicken. Absolute punks, with the brains of a cockroach, and the soul of a mosquito. They are knats on the skin of thai society. The shame is that Thai society seems prepared to do absolutely nothing about it. Are any of us surprised by the anemic, pathetic, and morally reprehensible lack of response?

Are we in Bangkok ? Thailand ? the land of smiles ? I guess the smile is gone since a very long time .

Yup. Land of smiles. I have never been anyplace where a smile is friendlier or can do more for a person. Crime and violence are everywhere. Nobody ever said that this country is without it. You want utopia then you were born on the wrong planet buddy.thumbsup.gif

Of course there is violence in other countries- but they don't portray them selves as kind, gentle, smiling folk.

Land of Smiles? OK, cool- walk the walk if you talk the talk smile.png

This is a gun crime involving gangs, happens everywhere.

As for the LOS bit, 99% of Thais are like that, decent people trying to live normal lives..

They hate this sort of thing also.

Don't condemn a complete country or its people based on the mindless few, that way we would all be damned.

I'm going to debate your post, not bash you, because I have a different, and valid opinion.

Yes, gun violence happens everywhere. However, if you think 99% of Thais are normal decent people trying to live decent lives, you are either Thai and trying to convince someone of something, or you are wearing rose colored glasses. In my experience, maybe 40% are decent and honorable.

If Thais also hate this sort of thing, they need to render an opinion to their countrymen on the spot, and assist in shaping their society for the betterment of their people, instead of remaining quite so some twit doesn't lose face. If I were a betting person I would place my money on more gun violence before I wager on a Thai taking a position. My 2 cents. smile.png

Capitl

Some nasty, off-topic posts and replies have been deleted. I think we can drop the Red/Yellow remarks and stay on topic.

Posts which needlessly bash Thailand are being deleted.

People like to fall into the great divide...

Not really. The reds' actions set a precedent as no-one was punished for it.

Agree. The previous time terrorists took over a hospital here they were all killed by Thai special forces..

The Ratchaburi Hospital siege - The ten young Karen rebels where shot down in cold blood AFTER they surrendered and laid down their (nearly useless rusty) weapons.

Technically, a shootout is between two or more people firing at one another.

That subtle distinction was beyond the high quality writing of the Coconuts News... sad.png

Oh, I wasn't criticizing. I was just pointing it out.

Far be it from me to criticize the subtle wrinkles in an English-language story written by a Thai journalist when I don't even speak their language properly.