Ems Thailand

Briandajew

I have posted a couple of threads here over the last couple of days trying to sort out some things from the UK - mainly to do with finances, and getting them sorted ASAP.

So this leads me on to my next question - I have some documents that thoughtfully someone sort of Pre Empted and had the good sense to send over here before I had to ask, they were sent recorded and are now in the hands of Thailand Post - EMS, who, in all of my past experiences are really very good and put the Royal Mail in the UK to shame!

Now the 64000 Dollar question! It is the weekend and there are no EMS deliveries until Monday, I have used the EMS Track and Trace and my documents are sitting in Lamphun EMS Despatch Centre, waiting to be carted off to San Patong probably tomorrow, to arrive and be delivered Monday PM.

Does anyone know if it is possible to go and intercept the package at the Lamphun depot tonight or tomorrow rather than wait another 48 hours to get them?

Previously I have been able to pick up from the San Patong depot before delivery using my passport and the tracking bill, but not sure if you can do the same thing at an office that is "en route" rather than the final destination - it just seems crazy that the things I really need urgently are in a container not 15KM from me, and will be stuck there until Monday afternoon, before they are handed out to a delivery guy on a motorbike to drop off at my place probably around 5pm!

If anyone knows the score on this, it will be helpful, also, if anyone has absolutely any IDEA where in LAMPHUN EMS have their distribution centre it will be a big help!

Thanks!

My problem is not whether the office is open, it is whether they will allow me to collect a parcel that has been sent from UK via Bangkok and its final delivery address is via bulk container to San Patong or whether I can go and interupt their delivery schedule and collect it in Lamphun. As I said in the earlier post, the San Patong office were quite happy for me to collect it from them rather than wait for motorbike man to deliver - just not sure the same would apply if you turned up sort of halfway up the road?

Again, if anyone knows where EMS depot is in Lamphun, at least I can start to grease a few palms!

First of all Monday, 10 December, is a Holidy and post offices will be closed. If track and trace shows it still in a dispatch center it hasn't been sent to your post ooffice so where would you pick it up? Think that you are going to have to wait until Tuesday when they open and T&T shows that it has been delivered to your post office. I have intercepted things early in the morning before they went out for delivery, but my office is a small rural one.

• Like 1

First of all Monday, 10 December, is a Holidy and post offices will be closed. If track and trace shows it still in a dispatch center it hasn't been sent to your post ooffice so where would you pick it up? Think that you are going to have to wait until Tuesday when they open and T&T shows that it has been delivered to your post office. I have intercepted things early in the morning before they went out for delivery, but my office is a small rural one.

The package has just shown up at the main Lamphun centre, (Sunday morning) that was where I wanted to try and pick it up but can find no details of where the office is or any contact info. After this it will ship out to the final delivery office but that won't happen until tomorrow - not sure how the holiday affects things, but like you, my local office is a small place and have picked things up from there before before they went for delivery. I was just hoping to try and do the same thing but from the Lamphun branch.