Battery Operated Electric Toothbrush?

sante

I need a new replacement brush head for my battery operated electric toothbrush--Philips Sonicare. Anyone know where I can buy one? And if I can't find the replacement part, I'd rather buy a new toothbrush here than pay the expensive shipping cost from Amazon. But I haven't seen either replacement brushes or a battery electric toothbrush on any of my shopping jaunts around town.

Thanks....

If you can't find a replacement brush, colgate do a cheapish battery powered toothbrush. It's powered by a AAA battery which can be replaced if needed and the brush is still in good order. Some shops stock them. Look among the colgate toothbrushes for one with a slightly fatter handle.

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to find someplace at KSK that sells the toothbrush so will try Powerbuy. Is that on the top floor?

I haven't shopped at Tesco Lotus because there isn't one near me (except Tesco Express) and my transportation is limited. Although I have a Thai drivers license I rely on songthaews to get around. Am waiting until I've saved enough money to cover hospital costs before attempting to drive here in the city.

Have never seen them anywhere in Thailand for Sonicaire, and I have looked all over including big c, tesco, airport plaza etc. Please post if you find them.

re.

I'd rather buy a new toothbrush here

tesco lotus used to sell them ... today ?

dave2

They did about a month ago. I haven't been in there since.

are you sure it was sonicaire before i make the trip down there?

Central Department stores at KSK has electric toothbrushes, but if you go to Amorn Electric Repair Shop in the soi

just west of ICON Square on the north side of the moat, they probably can order Philipa Sonicare toothbrushes from

Bangkok. Take the toothbrush so they can look it up in their catalogue.

Have never seen them anywhere in Thailand for Sonicaire, and I have looked all over including big c, tesco, airport plaza etc. Please post if you find them.

re.

I'd rather buy a new toothbrush here

tesco lotus used to sell them ... today ?

dave2

They did about a month ago. I haven't been in there since.

are you sure it was sonicaire before i make the trip down there?

No.

I order all that stuff from sellers on eBay with free international shipping. Just ordered an 8 pack of brush heads for my sonicare platonic. Super cheap. Much cheaper than Amazon.

E-Bay does have better prices than Amazon but I can't seem to change my shipping address to Thailand. Most sellers use Paypal which demands a U.S. address. My mail is forwarded by a Florida company so I use that as my main address but when I try to substitute Chiang Mai for shipping instead of Miami, it won't accept the change. I just wrote to one of the sellers, asking if he'd ship it here but haven't received a reply yet.

Would like to hear how others get around that Paypal requirement.

I order all that stuff from sellers on eBay with free international shipping. Just ordered an 8 pack of brush heads for my sonicare platonic. Super cheap. Much cheaper than Amazon.

E-Bay does have better prices than Amazon but I can't seem to change my shipping address to Thailand. Most sellers use Paypal which demands a U.S. address. My mail is forwarded by a Florida company so I use that as my main address but when I try to substitute Chiang Mai for shipping instead of Miami, it won't accept the change. I just wrote to one of the sellers, asking if he'd ship it here but haven't received a reply yet.

open a new Paypal account

I didn't do anything special. My PayPal account is US based and I added my Thai address to both eBay and PayPal.

Then you tell eBay you are in Thailand and when you search for stuff it shows you shipping prices to Thailand. You can then sort listings by price+ shipping low to high and makes finding the best deal quite simple.

I just tried to add my Chiang Mai address to my Paypal account and got this error message:

"Your address must be in the country where you opened your PayPal account. If you've moved to another country, open a PayPal account in that country."

I have made earlier attempts to do this on Paypal and got the same message. Maybe their policy has changed since you added Thailand to your account?

I'd rather order from US e-Bay rather than open a Thai based account and and then have to link or pay with my local debit card. Seems more secure paying with my US credit card.

I just tried to add my Chiang Mai address to my Paypal account and got this error message:

"Your address must be in the country where you opened your PayPal account. If you've moved to another country, open a PayPal account in that country."

I have made earlier attempts to do this on Paypal and got the same message. Maybe their policy has changed since you added Thailand to your account?

I'd rather order from US e-Bay rather than open a Thai based account and and then have to link or pay with my local debit card. Seems more secure paying with my US credit card.

How odd.. I have my Thai address added to my US based paypal. In fact, I thought it was against paypal policy to actually have more than 1 account per person.

Perhaps things have changed. In fact, and I have no explanation for this, my Thia address is listed as verified in paypal as well.

EDIT: I just went to check and my Thai address is NOT listed in my paypal at all.

I just pulled up my order history in Paypal to find the last thing I ordered from ebay on Dec 5th and listed under shipping address it says

Shipping Address:

XXXX XXXXX

XXXX XXX XXX XXXX

Nongprue

Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Thailand

I xxxx some details for privacy.

Now, to investigate how I do this I went to ebay (ebay and paypal are same company btw) and looked at my account and in my profile I have my thai address added as my default shipping address.

So there it is. Just add you thai address to your ebay profile and mark as your default shipping address. Also, make sure when you go to pay the charge vua the ebay link that you see your thai address on the statement. If not, you have the option to change it. Then when you click the pay now for paypal it will put your thai address on the paypal invoice.

Hope this helps some folks. In fact, my last order on dec 5th was fro brush heads for my oral-B Pulsonic toothbrush (also purchased on ebay)

1 8PC*Replacement "PulSonic" Head For Oral-B Electric Toothbrush Professional Care

Item # 170922180867 $9.49 USD

The shipping on the 8 brush heads was $ 3.39 so my total to have 8 brush heads shipped to Thailand was $12.88 USD

Edited by Jayman

I have a sonic care as well though it really doesn't matter what brand one has..what I do for my replacement heads is buy on-line on the company's website (Phillips) and have them sent to whichever friend (his address vs card address) is coming over to visit me next..It works every time and no worries about expensive shipping costs or lost in transit...

CB

I have a sonic care as well though it really doesn't matter what brand one has..what I do for my replacement heads is buy on-line on the company's website (Phillips) and have them sent to whichever friend (his address vs card address) is coming over to visit me next..It works every time and no worries about expensive shipping costs or lost in transit...

CB

Next time I'll consider that cause that $3.39 in shipping fees really set me back.

• 1 year later...

I had a gf a few years back who would have hours of fun with my my electric toothbrush when she discovered it doubled up as a great sex toy! Off topic I know but thought might be of interest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bushman1666

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to find someplace at KSK that sells the toothbrush so will try Powerbuy. Is that on the top floor?

I haven't shopped at Tesco Lotus because there isn't one near me (except Tesco Express) and my transportation is limited. Although I have a Thai drivers license I rely on songthaews to get around. Am waiting until I've saved enough money to cover hospital costs before attempting to drive here in the city.

I also rely on songthaew's quite a bit and have never had a problem getting to the one on the super highway. The one on the way to Hong dang can be gotten to with the yellow songthaew's based at Chiang Mai gate. Or a red songthaew's. It is actually in my opinion with in walking distance from the airport mall.

I too might get a vehicle when I have saved enough for the hospital bill.tongue.png

I struggled to find Sonicare products in Chiang Mai.

Until I discovered this place called Siam TV.

For those of you who do not know where it is. It is on the outside of the moat on the south side of the old city next door to the Chinese consulate not to far about a half a mile from the South west corner of the moat. They have a lot of things but no more space heaters.tongue.png

I use two Braun models which I bought in Boots - one battery operated, the other rechargable. I think the price then was around Baht 1500-1700

Both came with a two-year guarantees, and worked very well for a few months - until they both suddenly malfunctioned - which either made it impossible to switch it on, or off. (I'd be interested to know if other members encountered this difficulty?)

It took me a while to realise that our high mineral tap water was clogging the switch, and I fixed it by dripping some light oil inside the case on the switch side, then leaving it upside down for a day or so to penetrate.

I'd recommend Braun therefore, and if you do buy, I suggest you dry the unit carefully after use, especially if your water is calcified, and store the equipment brush down to keep the interior dry.

You should not encounter problems this way and if you do, the two year guarantee (if they still offer it) will protect you for a good while.

Happy brushing!

I buy from ebay.co.uk using both my UK based Paypal account (linked to UK bank account) and my Thai Paypal account (linked to a Thai credit card). in both cases they work just fine.