Hua Hin To Pattaya

Thailandvisitor

Is there an easy/cheap way of travelling from Hua Hin to Pattaya.

The journey via Southern Bus terminal then Ekamai to Pattaya is a bit offputting. Coming the other way took most of the day.

Taxis here in Hua Hin are asking 3.000 baht for the trip and claim there is no mini-bus alternative.

What do you think?

Hi,

have done some research n I'm familiar with route n local condition.

THB3.000.- is a good price,if it include the petrol. Tolls are extra anyway.

The local Taxiservices in Pattaya,for example, are charging THB3500.- for Pattaya to HuaHin.

There are no direct MiniBuses between these two towns as all go via BKK.

The journey via Southern Bus terminal then Ekamai to Pattaya is a bit offputting. Coming the other way took most of the day.

Taxis here in Hua Hin are asking 3.000 baht for the trip and claim there is no mini-bus alternative.

What do you think?

Why not read the pinned posts at the top of the page then reverse what it tells you to do.

Going to southern bus terminal is not necessary.

What do you think?

Why not read the pinned posts at the top of the page then reverse what it tells you to do.

Going to southern bus terminal is not necessary.

Yes thanks for the suggestion. I already have read but I was hoping something new might have become available.

Maybe there is room for some enterprising person to create a little business carrying between the two places. The public transport links are too much like hard work if you are carrying much luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Found this thread, so no need to create one. Maybe times have changed.

I'm going to Hua Hin, by train from Bangkok. Coming back, I need to be in Pattaya.

I don't want expensive options, train journey need only be one way, so return could be a bus.

Questions..

Are there still no buses direct to Pattaya?

Does the Bangkok(from Hua Hin) bus arrive at Ekamai?

Could get the train back to Bangkok and then a Bell bus, but the would need a hotel for pick up. Are there any close by?

Any other ideas?

One further question, is there a number you can phone to book a Hua Hin ticket, in advance, for the train?

Actually one more, any links to a timetable and prices?

Many thanks.

You could go back to Bangkok by minivan (around 200 baht). Minivans arrive at Victory Monument, then you can go to Ekamai by BTS, and then Pattaya by bus.

There is such a thing as a train timetable. What time approximately do you want to leave/arrive?

Buses from HH to BKK go either to sai tai mai (new southern station) or Mo Chit.

There is a fast ferry starting soon. The owners already have a boat and crew and are just waiting for the required paperwork. I know this has been a rumor for a long time but this time it's for real. Should start later this month or next...

You could go back to Bangkok by minivan (around 200 baht). Minivans arrive at Victory Monument, then you can go to Ekamai by BTS, and then Pattaya by bus.

There is such a thing as a train timetable. What time approximately do you want to leave/arrive?

Buses from HH to BKK go either to sai tai mai (new southern station) or Mo Chit.

Your best bet is to get the Minivan back to BKK (200 baht) and then get another minivan to Pattaya (about 200 baht) takes about 4/5 hours from Hua Hin to Pattaya by Minivan including stop in BKK and changing minivan

There is a fast ferry starting soon. The owners already have a boat and crew and are just waiting for the required paperwork. I know this has been a rumor for a long time but this time it's for real. Should start later this month or next...

I heard this as well is there any more info on this ?

I heard this as well is there any more info on this ?

A Hua Hin resident who knows the operators personally said it should start soon... watch this space for an update:

http://www.thailivingferry.com/index.html

This is (supposedly) the boat sitting at a dock on the Pattaya side...

1080_Image046_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe there is room for some enterprising person to create a little business carrying between the two places.

Believe me , if this route would be "profitable" the Thais would have done already.

Isn't that a complete contradiction then with you answering your own kind of question ??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, a year later, the ferry I mentioned above finally got its paperwork in order and sea trials finished and made its inaugural run today. It takes about 3 hours and drinks and snacks are available on board according to reports.

For the initial period, it will leave Pattaya (Ocean Marina) at 8.30 a.m. and arrive at Mermaid Cruises Marina south of Hua Hin at around 11.30.

The boat will leave Mermaid Cruises Marina at 1.30 p.m. (complimentary transfer provided from central Hua Hin), arriving in Pattaya at around 4.30 p.m.

Initially, the ferry will run on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

The introductory rates are as follows (one-way):

Adults 1200 b, children (4-13 yrs) 750 b,

family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) 3500 b

Following the introductory phase, it is planned to have the ferry permanently moored near Hua Hin, so will then depart for Pattaya at 8.30 a.m., leaving Pattaya again at 1.30 p.m.

Bookings can be made at 087-1701110 or you can also call 084-8007400 if you need any further information.

I am glad they have sorted out a docking place outside Hua Hin, as the problem with the previous service was the fishing community would not allow it to dock in Hua Hin and that lead to all sorts of hassle as it seemd to dock and depart from a different spot on almost a daily basis. Mind you that was only one of the many problems the service had.

I am amazed to see a Passenger Ferry Service, in SE Asia, that takes no morethan 4 hours, costing 25 GBP or over $40 USD..

I don't understand it when there are decent quality Mini Buses & Coaches going to the same destination, in teh same time frame, for more then 60% cheaper..

I am amazed to see a Passenger Ferry Service, in SE Asia, that takes no morethan 4 hours, costing 25 GBP or over $40 USD..

I don't understand it when there are decent quality Mini Buses & Coaches going to the same destination, in teh same time frame, for more then 60% cheaper..

It's the appeal of the salt air.

It's mad though isn't it, honestly ??

No logic whatsoever, again !!!!!

It's mad though isn't it, honestly ??

No logic whatsoever, again !!!!!

I guess the market will decide. Its not for me.

I have been looking at photos of trips on the previous service and we did seem to be enjoying ourselves.

I used the service on a few occasions and at that time it was a quicker way to get to Pattaya, but along with the logistical, mechanical failures, the main reason it failed was there was no demand.

Which makes me think that this new service will not be a success, as now a days you can easily get to Pattaya in less than 4 hours by car, where as in the past the same journey was plus 5 hours and there was no mini bus service, so it was at least a 7 hour trip by bus.

I might try it just for the novelty, but as a practical mode of transport, I can’t see it succeeding.

I have been looking at photos of trips on the previous service and we did seem to be enjoying ourselves.

I used the service on a few occasions and at that time it was a quicker way to get to Pattaya, but along with the logistical, mechanical failures, the main reason it failed was there was no demand.

Which makes me think that this new service will not be a success, as now a days you can easily get to Pattaya in less than 4 hours by car, where as in the past the same journey was plus 5 hours and there was no mini bus service, so it was at least a 7 hour trip by bus.

I might try it just for the novelty, but as a practical mode of transport, I can't see it succeeding.

& just to reitterate, you can now do it by Minibus in less time & by Minibus it's more than 60% cheaper too..

Successful Business Venture this one is going to be, i can sense it...:D

HH to Pattaya is 4 hours straight through and the van has 5 or 6 scheduled stops so will be closer to 5 hours than 3 and for me if it was just an occasional journey I would jump on the ferry but for a regular trip it would have to be the van.

Is there a bar on the ferry?