Toyota Plant In Thailand Hit By Fire

webfact

Petrol depot in flames

The Nation

30196689-01_big.jpg

CHACHOENGSAO: -- A fire breaks out Sunday night at a petrol depot belonging to a Toyota manufacturing plant in Chachoengsao's Ban Pho district.

Sporadic loud explosions were heard in the blaze that started at 6:50 pm.

Firefighters and fire engines took more than three hours to control the blaze but could not put it out completely.

Police suspected that a worker left the battery of an electric forklift truck charged for too long, resulting to an overheat that caused the fire.

Forensic officials have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire and the company has yet to estimate the damage value.

No one was injured in the blaze because workers were on a weekend day-off.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-24

Toyota plant in Thailand hit by fire

Kyodo News International, Inc.

BANGKOK, Dec. 24 -- (Kyodo) _ A fire broke out Sunday evening at a lubricant storage unit of a Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plant in the eastern Thai province of Chachoengsao, police said, adding there were no casualties.

A Toyota Motor Thailand Co. spokesman said the fire would not affect the production line at the plant in the Ban Pho District of Chachoengsao Province, some 70 kilometers from Bangkok.

Firefighters took some two hours to bring the blaze under control, according to police, who added that the fire badly damaged the one-story building where some 10,000-20,000 liters of lubricant oil was kept. The storage building is situated some 1 kilometer away from the assembly plant.

The Ban Pho plant, which makes pickup trucks for export, is one of the three Toyota assembly plants in Thailand. It has an annual production capacity of some 220,000 vehicles.

Source: http://www.equities....&cat=industrial

-- equities 2012-12-24

footer_n.gif

Fire at Chachoengsao Toyota factory causes millions in damage

By Digital Media

CHACHENGSAO, Dec 24 -- Fire broke out Sunday night at a Toyota assembly plant oil storage tank in this province, about 100 km east of the capital, causing millions of baht damage.

Explosions about 7pm at Toyota’s Ban Pho district factory at storage tank far from the main facility.

During the blaze, sporadic explosions occured. A dozen fire trucks were sent to the assembly plant.

The fire was brought under control about 10pm. but a warehouse for oil storage tanks, hydraulic fluid and lubricants was destroyed.

There are no reports of casualties, as most workers were off for the weekend.

Police suspected that a worker left the battery of an electric forklift truck charging too long, that it overheated and caused the fire.

Investigators have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire and the company has not yet estimated the damage, but some reports have put the loss at Bt100 million.

The factory was Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Engineering & Manufacturing's spare parts production centre for the Asia Pacific region. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-24

Is this supposition by BIB credible? By oversight aided by a fading short term memory I often leave my mobile on charge overnight without ill effect. My guess is that the insurance assessors would come up with something approaching the truth - unless brown envelopes changed hands of course - but then wouldn't Toyota have its own banking and insurance arm?

Is this supposition by BIB credible? By oversight aided by a fading short term memory I often leave my mobile on charge overnight without ill effect. My guess is that the insurance assessors would come up with something approaching the truth - unless brown envelopes changed hands of course - but then wouldn't Toyota have its own banking and insurance arm?

Other than not having to ask about the capability, the most incredible thing here is an apples and oranges comparison, at the same time as raising question of credibility and casting aspersians. coffee1.gifthumbsup.gif . Shoot first, ask questions later.

BLAZES

Toyota fire estimated to have cost Bt10 million; second blaze at Rayong market

The Nation

CHACHOENGSAO: - An initial estimate of the damage caused by a fire at a Toyota assembly plant in Chachoengsao on Sunday night is about Bt10 million.

The fire broke out at about 7pm at an engine oil storage tank of the Toyota plant in Ban Pho district, about 100 km east of the capital.

Executives of the Toyota plant and Chachoengsao Governor Ruengsak Mahavinitchaimontri visited the site at about midnight and held a press briefing later. They said the initial estimation of damage was put at Bt10 million.

Sporadic explosions were heard during the blaze. A dozen fire trucks were sent to the assembly plant.

The fire was brought under control about 10pm. but a warehouse for oil storage tanks, hydraulic fluid and lubricants was destroyed.

There were no reports of casualties, as most workers were off for the weekend.

The governor said the company will today contact pollution control agency to invite its officials to check if there was pollution spreading to nearby areas following the fires. However they said they expected no emission of pollution because there were no toxic substances kept in the storage facility, although there could be haze or smoke from the fire.

Police earlier suspected that a worker left the battery of an electric forklift truck charging too long, and that it overheated and caused the fire.

The factory is Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Engineering & Manufacturing’s spare parts production centre for the Asia Pacific region.

Meanwhile a fire started in a market in Rayong's Muang district on Sunday night, damaging about 30 shops but there were no reports of injuries.

Firefighters with two water trucks spent about 20 minutes fighting the fire before managing to extinguish the blaze.

Initial investigation showed that the fire may have been caused by electrical fault with an electrical generator.

Sak Boonyarit, 55, a security guard said he was patrolling the market about 9.30pm when he saw flames from the generator before they spread to the shops nearby.

The fire damaged about 30 of 180 shops in the market. The cost of the damage is not yet known.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-24

"Police suspected that a worker left the battery of an electric forklift truck charged for too long, resulting to an overheat that caused the fire.

Forensic officials have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire and the company has yet to estimate the damage value.'

I love this country, one minute they give a cause that is so unusual with all the built in safety features that even 'experts' would be hard to determine immediately then in the next line that the exact cause has yet to be determined. The fork lift truck charging there is well away from any adjacent combustible materials. Only Thailand

Other than not having to ask about the capability, the most incredible thing here is an apples and oranges comparison, at the same time as raising question of credibility and casting aspersians. coffee1.gifthumbsup.gif . Shoot first, ask questions later.

It appears that it is you who were too quick off the mark. I merely asked a question; others have expressed their doubts. Can you differentiate between the two? Further more it is not apples and oranges but two apples, one being much bigger than the other. If you give credence to any statement by BIB I suggest that your naivety is showing.