I Thought This Was A Thai Political Forum?

cdnvic

Is there really a need to go on and on ad-nauseum about George Bush and American politics here? You'd think we'd get a break from it in Thailand but some people just won't shut up about it.

There's a million other places just a click or two away, why does it have to get posted here? If it directly relates to Thailand, fine but if it's just someones personal crusade that nobody else cares about then take it elsewhere PLEASE!

Special forces? As they are rather secretive I'd say few if any have a clue who's the best so unless its the Thai army I really don't see what its doing here other than wasting bandwidth.

cv

Is there really a need to go on and on ad-nauseum about George Bush and American politics here? You'd think we'd get a break from it in Thailand but some people just won't shut up about it.

If it directly relates to Thailand, fine but if it's just someones personal crusade that nobody else cares about then take it elsewhere PLEASE!

Well, I'm on your side, close it down!, but as long as this remains the "Everybody Else Against America" (i.e. the Bear-Pit) Forum, Georgie-Porgie will be manning his lonely post! :o

I stopped reading those threads ages ago. Every opinion given in there was one eyed. Every poster believes himself (herself? was there any of the ladies involved) to be correct and everyone on the other side is wrong.

I have better things to spend my time and energy doing.

TizMe~

I do understand you feeling. I sort of tried to stay away from here for a couple of days, simpy to take a break from all the rhetoric. It is obvious that some folks have very specific axes to grind. Others enter in the spirit of enthusiastic exchange, but it so often becomes a poo flinging match.

Axel~

I respect you for trying to keep your comments oriented toward the issues, not the personalities. My problem with Daveyo's comments are the way they were made. Same with The Gentleman. And of course Georgie-Porgie climbed in there, but as he says, primarily to return the cinders being hurled. I guess none of are really faultless. Including myself.

My enjoyment of the website is primarily drawn from other sections, learning about Thailand, listening to people talk about things or situations they have experienced. So I for one am going to pour a glass of wine and spend more time in other areas.

Jeepz

Guest IT Manager

I just checked and there are 6 threads, which I haven't looked at.

Surprisingly, all about George, Tony, John etc.

That means I have chosen not to read them, ergo, I have nothing to complain about.

The bear pit is for kids to throw stones, while the rest of us play on the swings. If you don't want to read it, don't. If you do read it, don't complain about the content. It is immaterial until people start crying.

Then it may be "off to the woodshed with you" but more likely, not.

Dear cdnvic:

Why not post something that is of interest to you, and if you receive replies, you could keep up a discussion. It's so much more positive tham moaning about what others are posting. Just a thought.

I did. Hence the thread. :D

I just thoght it would be nice to open a Thai political forum without having to weed through a flood of American politics. A couple threads, fine, but page after page of rethoric is another. I figure if its alright to post thread after thread of "Bush this.. Bush that, etc" then it surely would be ok to post a single one commenting on the content.

If you don't like my "moaning" about it than take the advice given to me and don't read it. It wasn't me who pinned the forum rules stating that it was for Thai related politics. I simply agreed. :o

cv

Feel free to moan all you want, as far as I'm concerned. My point is that the other posters are writing something that interests them. If you were to write something about Thai politics, that might be interesting, too. Then we would have another contributor to the bear pit. It gets a bit tedious when there are just two regulars and they are forever arguing.

Dear cdnvic:

I just thoght it would be nice to open a Thai political forum without having to weed through a flood of American politics. A couple threads, fine, but page after page of rethoric is another. I figure if its alright to post thread after thread of "Bush this.. Bush that, etc"

I fully agree, this branch should be for Thai related politics. Do we really need US politics here? There must be other websites more targetted to this theme! Just my 2 baht.

I stopped reading those threads ages ago. Every opinion given in there was one eyed. Every poster believes himself (herself? was there any of the ladies involved) to be correct and everyone on the other side is wrong.

Your reflexive pronouns are correct.....along with everything else.

Reading all that stuff could easily make one (an extremely gullible one) think that the US is the centre of the universe :o

Is there really a need to go on and on ad-nauseum about George Bush and American politics here?

Bush, Bush, Bush, who is he?

Let me think, is he the guy who does not care about what "the world" thinks?

I mean "the world" in the sense of the world without the American,...

(I am sure I will get a lot of friends with this remark,..) :o