Injured 2010 Protesters Want Legal Action Against Former Key Govt Leaders: Thailand

webfact

Injured 2010 protesters want legal action against former key gov't leaders

By Digital Media

gov.jpeg

BANGKOK, Dec 27 – Twenty persons injured in Thailand’s 2010 political violence petitioned the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) today, seeking legal action against former premier Abhisit Vejjajiva and his then deputy Suthep Thaugsuban for attempted murder.

The group of petitioners by lawyers of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), also known as the Red Shirts, said they were injured during the upheaval in Bangkok between April 10 and May 19, 2010.

They charged Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep with ordering military personnel to use force in dispersing the anti-government protesters – an act that left many dead or injured. DSI Director General Tarit Pengdith said the 20 complainants will be questioned by a DSI investigative committee today.

The DSI earlier pressed charges of conspiring in the murder of members of the public during the 2010 street protest against Mr Abhisit and his deputy prime minister. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-27

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps they should also seek compensation & punishment for their mis-Leaders, or would they just claim parliamentary-immunity ?

DPM-Chalerm should be given the usual 90-days to investigate, and resolve their issues.

That should successfully fob them off, for three months, at least. wink.png

No money no honey. That's what it is all about.

Perhaps some of the families of the approximately 2500 people reportedly massacred in the Thaksin sponsored crack down on drug dealers and related characters, back in the early years of the last decade, will attempt to sue, for deaths incurred, the members of TRT and Thaksin and his family, drivers, gardeners and Uncle Tom Cobley and All.

Interesting point.

Why have they not done so ???

They should have redress within the legal system, so why have seemingly no complaints been filed ?

• Like 1

Perhaps some of the families of the approximately 2500 people reportedly massacred in the Thaksin sponsored crack down on drug dealers and related characters, back in the early years of the last decade, will attempt to sue, for deaths incurred, the members of TRT and Thaksin and his family, drivers, gardeners and Uncle Tom Cobley and All.

Interesting point.

They should have redress within the legal system, so why have seemingly no complaints been filed ?

Maybe they have been chalermed.

• Like 1

I wonder what these people were doing at the time that they got injured.

Perhaps they were unarmed, peaceable demonstrators who were unjustifiably shot.

Let's have an enquiry and a full investigation to find out.

That would the reasonable course, would it not ??

Thank you for your innuendo.

• Like 1

Interesting point.

Very constructive and intelligent.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Interesting point.

Very constructive and intelligent.

Thank you.

Oh thank you. Actually it doesn't take much intelligence to realise that compensation is not normally payable to those those committing illegal acts, involved in a conspiracy to overthrow a legitimate government, and to injure and kill security forces lawfully deployed to control and/or remove them. Perhaps they consulted a solicitor.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

Sorry, that is all in the past and before the Abhisit Premiership so it doesn't count.

• Like 1

I wonder what these people were doing at the time that they got injured.

Perhaps they were unarmed, peaceable demonstrators who were unjustifiably shot.

Let's have an enquiry and a full investigation to find out.

That would the reasonable course, would it not ??

Thank you for your innuendo.

Given that most of the people killed and injured after April 10 were attacking the army behind tyres outside the petrol soaked barricades, they were probably not "peaceable demonstrators".

Sent from my HTC phone.

I feel sorry for these fools, if they can't see past the whole ruse of this setup, and think this is how justice works on the simplest level, they are doomed to spending the rest of their lives being marginalised, poor, left behind and hoodwinked because they are too dumb to realise what actually happened at Ratchaprasong. They're never going to get UDD style justice because it's so far fetched and unrealistic, a big lie.

Spare your tears. The roads to red shirt justice are paved with gold.

Sorry, that is all in the past and before the Abhisit Premiership so it doesn't count.

Well, since Abhisit is a Magpies fan, would it count if it was in the Barclays Premiership?rolleyes.gif

Edited by ratcatcher

Interesting point.

Or perhaps they realise that after 3 investigations later and no one person has been found responsible, it's very difficult to make a case.

I thought that those who accepted financial compensation from the government also had to sign not to sue the government?

That also what they adhere to, they are suing the previous government not the one that paid them compensation. Probably it was also included in the compensation agreement, that they should take this action.
  • Like 1

Not only them , think about the families of 90 persons how has been killed of Abhisit and Suthep administration .

Are you including soldiers and civilians killed by red shirts guns and grenades in that?

Sent from my HTC phone.

I am sure I have pointed out before. soldiers were only killed in one incident. There as only been one investigation into that incident, like it or not and the evidence points to someone close by lobbying in a flash grenade and taking cover behind a military vehicle with the sole intent of upping the anti to justify shooting civillians. The army or the dems (sorry they the same thing) have had long enough to bring in their evidence to counter claim the Amsterdam case. The fact that they have failed to do so even for the grieving parents of the deceased soldiers clearly indicates they cannot refute the evidence provided by the red lawyer. Other than one pop up soldier copping one in the back of his head from his army colleague no others soldiers were killed during the unrest of 2010.

I hope me pointing this out stops you posting alike in another thread

Not only them , think about the families of 90 persons how has been killed of Abhisit and Suthep administration .

Are you including soldiers and civilians killed by red shirts guns and grenades in that?

Sent from my HTC phone.

I am sure I have pointed out before. soldiers were only killed in one incident. There as only been one investigation into that incident, like it or not and the evidence points to someone close by lobbying in a flash grenade and taking cover behind a military vehicle with the sole intent of upping the anti to justify shooting civillians. The army or the dems (sorry they the same thing) have had long enough to bring in their evidence to counter claim the Amsterdam case. The fact that they have failed to do so even for the grieving parents of the deceased soldiers clearly indicates they cannot refute the evidence provided by the red lawyer. Other than one pop up soldier copping one in the back of his head from his army colleague no others soldiers were killed during the unrest of 2010.

I hope me pointing this out stops you posting alike in another thread

Do you mean the Robert Amsterdam investigation that hasn't heard of a rocket propelled grenade? :cheesy:

"pop up soldier copping one in the back of the head"??

I thought that those who accepted financial compensation from the government also had to sign not to sue the government?

Perhaps you read that on here and thought it was the truth. That sort of thing goes on a lot here.

Maybe, my dear mutt

""I talked to her and she agreed to accept the payment and not take this government to court," Yongyuth said."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-compensation-met-with-anger-sadness-30182791.html

The other newspaper had

"The government began compensation payments for the May 2010 violence Thursday with several recipients objecting to a condition requiring them to drop lawsuits against the state."

BTW the current government is the legal successor of the previous government, what with proper general elections and so.