Kiwi Flees From Fatal Road Crash In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Kiwi flees from fatal road crash in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA:--A New Zealand national is wanted by Police after he was involved in a fatal road crash which left a South Pattaya Motorbike Taxi Driver dead.

Just after 2.30am Pattaya Police were called to Soi Diana Inn in front of the Diana Inn Hotel where rescue workers were attending to the taxi driver, Khun Priyadar aged 53 who is based on Walking Street. He was not breathing and was being given CPR. He was rushed to Hospital but was pronounced dead-on-arrival.

Police spoke with Khun Sumaree aged 32 who claimed she was on the back of a bike belonging to a New Zealander and the pair were on their way to Soi Neun Plab Wan in East Pattaya. She claimed the pair had met earlier in the night and she was unaware of the exact location of the man’s house.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69306/kiwi-flees-fatal-road-crash-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Drunk Kiwi Man Kills Motorbiker On Soi Diana

PATTAYA:--A drunk New Zealander speeding on Soi Diana with a bargirl on his motorbike collided head on with a motorbike-for-hire, killing the other driver. He then fled the scene on his motorbike, leaving the 32-year-old bargirl behind.

PATTAYA – December 29, 2012 [PDN]: At 2:30 a.m., a report of two motorbikes colliding in front of the Diana group hotel on Soi Diana and injuring someone was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Chotchuang Mongkokthanayuth, detective officer of Pattaya police station. Police went to check the scene with rescuers from Sawanboriboon foundation Pattaya.

At the scene, a crowd of residents and tourists were gathering around. Rescuers tried to give the victim CPR before sending him to Pattaya Memorial hospital. The man died from his injuries and was identified as Mr. Preeda Kotmuang, 53 years old, living in Nongprue, Banglamung.

The victim was a taxi motorbike driver-for-hire in south Pattaya. Nearby was his fallen bike, a black Honda Wave 100. The bike was severely damaged in the front, with its wire basket crushed.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/12/29/drunk-kiwi-man-kills-motorbiker-on-soi-diana/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-12-29

footer_n.gif2012-12-29

Drunk or not, or simply accidental, killing a Taxi Driver and sticking around that area is not healthy.

Especially of you consider what they do to people just disputing a faire...

Sad state of the union that this is the rational situational response,

but being beaten to a pulp by the guys disgruntled friends is also not a great option.

Get home and next day present to the police. Which I suspect he will do shortly.

If not he's got bigger issues forthcoming.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

RIP, poor guy just trying to earn a living for himself and his family but:

The victim was a taxi motorbike driver-for-hire in south Pattaya. Nearby was his fallen bike, a black Honda Wave 100. The bike was severely damaged in the front, with its wire basket crushed.

Sorry? "severely damaged"?

Hope the bar girl is able to identify this guy and he is brought to justice for having abandoned a critically injured man to die on the roadside instead of trying to help him in any way he could.

I think had he stayed around to help he would himself be critically injured whether it was his fault or not, Myself i think it was fast thinking driven by self preservation which made him flee the scene, Edited by Rimmer
Uncalled for
  • Like 1

Hope the bar girl is able to identify this guy and he is brought to justice for having abandoned a critically injured man to die on the roadside instead of trying to help him in any way he could.

The initial report does not seem to indicate who is at fault. The taxi guy may have swerved in front of the Kiwi for all anyone knows,

But as odd as it seems I think he saved his own life by leaving. Since tourist are often beaten up over fair disputes, I suspect things would

not have gone well if he stayed on scene surrounded by angry taxi drivers... From a legal standpoint he should have turned himself in later,

but as someone here said, he is probably at the Bangkok airport right now....

i think i would have buggered off too probably the best thing to do

in a situation like that?

Hmm maybe go straight to swampy i think he probably is already in N.Z.

Surely he can run but he can't hide?

I couldn't imagine him being able to go back to New Zealand and live happily ever after?

Edited by Asiantravel

Red plates so probably the owner of the bike. Hopefully CCTV captured the detail so he can be tracked down. A few months back I had a Thai family member killed by a foreign driver in Pattaya, again a hit & run, but the police located and arrested him. Also I have a number of Thai family who are motorbike taxi drivers who work long hours to support their family. They do not attack foreigners who try to rip them off, but contact police.

• Like 2

Good to see that the old farang CSI and wannabe Sherlock Holmes of Thailand have once again solved another incident based on a few line of news from the notoriously inaccurate local websites. One site says drunk and unknown color plate. The other doesn't mention drunk but says a red plate. One says Honda click and the other doesn't say what kind. The crime investigators of ThaiVisa have concluded who was at fault and that the Kiwi driver was drunk and has fled Thailand for New Zealand. All we need now is an executioner.

"Red plate so he is probably the owner". Rental never have red plates? Sure about that?

Doubtful that he ran to the airport and is already in New Zealand, if that is where he is really from, because it is not that easy to get a walkin seat without a prior reservation. The guy would seem to live in Pattaya because he was on Soi Diana and heading to Soi Neun Plab Wan. Not exactlly a tourist area.

Edited by aguy30
  • Like 2

Good to see that the old farang CSI and wannabe Sherlock Holmes of Thailand have once again solved another incident based on a few line of news from the notoriously inaccurate local websites. One site says drunk and unknown color plate. The other doesn't mention drunk but says a red plate. One says Honda click and the other doesn't say what kind. The crime investigators of ThaiVisa have concluded who was at fault and that the Kiwi driver was drunk and has fled Thailand for New Zealand. All we need now is an executioner.

"Red plate so he is probably the owner". Rental never have red plates? Sure about that?

The guy would seem to live in Pattaya. He was on Soi Diana and heading to Soi Neun Plab Wan. Not exactlly a tourist area. Doubtful that he ran to the airport and is already in New Zealand, if that is were he is really from. Not that easy to get a seat without a prior reservation.

You're the real Sherlock Holmes then!

• Like 1

The guy would seem to live in Pattaya. He was on Soi Diana and heading to Soi Neun Plab Wan. Not exactly a tourist area. Doubtful that he ran to the airport and is already in New Zealand, if that is were he is really from. Not that easy to get a seat without a prior reservation.

You're the real Sherlock Holmes then!

I like that: Your reading ability seems to be rather lacking. My comments aren't conclusions but supposition and thoughts. Maybe it is too dificult for you to understand the difference.

Why would you hang around?

I think most people who have lived here for a long time would have run away.

Even if they catch him they wont be able to prove he was drunk if indeed he was drunk or at fault.

Tea money should fix it up.

It won't be tea money....it'll be a full banquet cheque required !!
  • Like 1

I am assuming the BG on the back of the bike told the police he was drunk. Did the runner. Time of night also. Seems reasonable he was

utter nonsense

Yeah, probably just drinking water all night but still had a late one

so he fled the scene whilst 'drunk' and NOT ONE thai motorbike gave chase? think not, he done very well to get away, must have known a few back doubles. Innocent untill proven otherwise.

so he fled the scene whilst 'drunk' and NOT ONE thai motorbike gave chase? think not, he done very well to get away, must have known a few back doubles. Innocent untill proven otherwise.

I'm making assumptions based on the facts as reported. You are just making up scenarios. I guess it makes yours the 'utter nonsense', not mine? smile.png

Let me quote from the article, which you obviously didnt bother to read

She was sitting behind a foreigner from New Zealand. They had earlier been drinking in the bar before riding the motorcycle, and were headed to Nernplabwarn. She said the New Zealander had gotten drunk at the bar.