Ais One2Call Mobile Number Registration Process

fvdv

Hi,

I read on this forum that is was necessary to register a Mobile Number in case of change of operator (Mobile Number portability) or loss of mobile phone.

Since this mobile number is linked to a bank account i'd like to avoid any possible complications with the bank and also not being tied to one mobile operator.

Does anyone know how to register an AIS One2Call number/SIM? Is it possible to register online by sending a copy of the passport?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Cheers,

fvdv

Online? With a copy of a passport? You kidding, right?

Do you have a 'Telwitz' shop, close by?

They can do, with you and your passport.

How I know? In the basement of Big C/Phuket is a Telwitz shop. A friend of mine, on holiday, wanted a 3G package, so we registered the Sim, which he bought there.

I'm not sure, but I think, in the beginning of 'you have to register, or we cut your line', you could do so in every shop, where you could buy a new Sim.

Ask in a shop, where they selling. They can point you in the right direction for your location.

Edited by noob7

Indeed, Telewiz cannot do this procedure.

Here in Pattaya we actually have to go all the way to Sri Racha's AIS office to do this.

Only passport is required.

No, you can do these things at cemtral festival. There is their new store ( next to Mc D on the beach side.)

Edit: don't forget to pull a number out of the machine on the right biggrin.png it's a long wait otherwise.

Edited by JakeBKK

Do you want to port in to AIS/One-2-Call? Or port out of AIS/One-2-Call?

Which provider are you porting out from? Or in to?

Personally I registered and re-registered my One-2-Call SIM, in person, at a TeleWiz shop (MBK) before successfully porting out to DTAC/Happy.

Thank you all very much for your kind and super fast help.

I checked the One2Call website, and you are all right. It seems only costumers with a Thai ID can register online.

This is the exact text:For non-Thai residents and individuals who are not using Thai Citizen ID card, pleas bring your personal ID card and contact AIS Shops for your identification

When in Pattaya, I will go to the new store near MCD and take a number (thanks JakkeBKK!)

I wish you all a nice evening in LOS!

Cheers,

fvdv

Indeed, Telewiz cannot do this procedure.

Here in Pattaya we actually have to go all the way to Sri Racha's AIS office to do this.

Only passport is required.

No, you can do these things at cemtral festival. There is their new store ( next to Mc D on the beach side.)

Edit: don't forget to pull a number out of the machine on the right biggrin.png it's a long wait otherwise.

Reply from AIS Call Center:

"The closet one AIS Shop located at Central Pattaya Beach G floor, Plaza Zone, near Donald's"

(As said by JakeBKK)

FYI:

AIS has a great 24 hours a day service on the Facebook Call Center Fan Page wich is great!