Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, but I suspect that the yacht on the right is the primary boat.

20150212-IMG_6405.jpg by pekkaoilinki, on Flickr

I like the name of the yacht.

" As a reminder, Flying Fox was known as hull number 783 and is similar in length and design to Mogambo. These beautiful 73.55m motor yachts have an exterior and interior design by Reymond Langton Design. Few specifications are known for the moment, but her layout is believed to accommodate 12 guests in a master and five double cabins. On the technical side, twin MTU engines will give her a cruising speed exceeding 14 knots.

This sale could be the biggest one this year. In fact, looking back, the 73.5 metre superyacht Sapphire also built by Nobiskrug, was sold asking €75 million in 2011. We’ll try to bring you more details on this one as soon as possible. "

http://www.boatinternational.com/2012/06/28/superyacht-flying-fox-relaunched-by-nobiskrug/

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/shipid:385982/mmsi:319524000/imo:9560792/vessel:FLYING_FOX

I'm not sure, but I suspect that the yacht on the right is the primary boat.

20150212-IMG_6405.jpg by pekkaoilinki, on Flickr

I like the name of the yacht.

" As a reminder, Flying Fox was known as hull number 783 and is similar in length and design to Mogambo. These beautiful 73.55m motor yachts have an exterior and interior design by Reymond Langton Design. Few specifications are known for the moment, but her layout is believed to accommodate 12 guests in a master and five double cabins. On the technical side, twin MTU engines will give her a cruising speed exceeding 14 knots.

This sale could be the biggest one this year. In fact, looking back, the 73.5 metre superyacht Sapphire also built by Nobiskrug, was sold asking €75 million in 2011. We’ll try to bring you more details on this one as soon as possible. "

http://www.boatinternational.com/2012/06/28/superyacht-flying-fox-relaunched-by-nobiskrug/

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/shipid:385982/mmsi:319524000/imo:9560792/vessel:FLYING_FOX

I originally read it as flying <deleted>. Cheers for pointing out its real name and info about it.

Wow! Incredible image, Bundycat!

thanks tang ..but it is not mine tho i so do wish :( . I know should be your own pics.. naughty me. Google waves and sunsets and you will find the originals.

I was just looking for a bite.. but did not have my fishing gear :)). sorry..mmm .You will just have to put up with my very amateurish attempts until I can get a "real" camera with all the fruit !!! and learn how to edit and and and ..you get the picture..cheers BC

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I used a lens I'd never normally consider for landscape ... a 40mm f/2.8 pancake, as it was the lens that was fixed to the camera at the time (and I hadn't brought anything else). It was shot handheld at f/5.6 1/1250 ISO50

I used a gradient on the sky to cool it (making it a touch bluer). I used a gradient across the land to lower the exposure by a stop (to darken the water) and did some exposure brushing to bring back the exposure in the green areas. I added some warmth to the image by adding some saturation using the 'Blue Primary' slider only. Total time spent, perhaps three minutes.

If I was to offer one 'top tip' for Lightroom, it's to use the 'Blue Primary' slider when adding warmth. It works great on skin tones too!

Edited by tangaroa67

Thanks for the information Tangaroa , it seems I have a lot to learn , I don't use LR but I do have it , I use PS Elements 12 so maybe I have spend the time required to learn it !

This image from Samui taken with a PAS in jpeg 2012

THAILAND%2B2012%2B308_edited-1.jpg