Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I think I am getting the hang of this photo stuff.. good fun.. even with basic crap equipment..ie point and shoot.. thanks to you all for the inspiration to explore ..no matter your prowess or ---$$$ ..shoot on ... yah ! :)

;)

BC

Indeed, DAL ... I'm spending a few weeks doing a road-trip, of sorts. Yes, I remember MrH's images. This is quite a well known spot for making sunsets. It's certainly unique and more than a little eerie after dark. I'm glad I had the company of a couple of Thai photographers, haha. Here's another.

20150707-_N7A4905.jpg

You make the water stop by lengthening the exposure. In the first Pattaya image I posted (the one with the columns) all that took was to have a tiny aperture (f/22) and adjust the ISO until the camera metered a 30 second exposure. That worked because it was almost dark. At other times you might need to use ND (neutral density) filters to reduce the amount of light entering the camera, thus lengthening the amount of time required to make a correct exposure.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

It's very difficult. At the waterfall I sat down on a rock with my feet in the water. Mounted the cam on a tripod(because I have a verry small lens) and played with she shuttertime untill the photo was just not overxposed.(Like fimgirl keenly noted above^^)thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

In this light intensity I ended up with 1/4 -1/6 sec exposure which was a good setting for making the water stop while still expose the image properly at the same time.

Good luck, bundycat.

Pity no water yet! This area should be 20 to 25 metres underwater.

The Mae Ping at Kaeng Ko.

19120486584_fc05b5e82e_c.jpg

There should be a floating village here, but they seem to be facing one or two wee technical problems...

19735810552_f2745424dd_b.jpg

The brest of the houses, and the floating school have had to move 13kms downstream, where there is enough water (for the fuller story, see my blog - link on my profile page)

Pity no water yet! This area should be 20 to 25 metres underwater.

The Mae Ping at Kaeng Ko.

19120486584_fc05b5e82e_c.jpg

There should be a floating village here, but they seem to be facing one or two wee technical problems..

I've fixed the problem with water! But only on the pic...goof.gif

post-228573-0-26506300-1437115148_thumb.