Farm Photos

shaggy1969

I stumbled stumpled across this old boy whilst out on one of my jaunts.I must admit I kinda liked the old relic.

It did make me wonder why they didn't clear the old stump when the land was being made ready for the young rubber trees to be planted.

Was it just a case of it being too much hard work and working around it was easier?......or maybe,they also found something charming in the old boy!

Grandpa keeping a watchful eye over the young ones.

The bones of the old forest. One day to return, no doubt.

Regards.

• Like 1

I stumbled stumpled across this old boy whilst out on one of my jaunts.I must admit I kinda liked the old relic.

It did make me wonder why they didn't clear the old stump when the land was being made ready for the young rubber trees to be planted.

Was it just a case of it being too much hard work and working around it was easier?......or maybe,they also found something charming in the old boy!

Grandpa keeping a watchful eye over the young ones.

20130803-P1040519.jpg

20130803-P1040520.jpg

Beautiful Photography Shaggy !

Thanks for sharing smile.png

• Like 1

The gentleman in the photos below is actually the husband of the lady in post # 2226.

He was working in a different part of the farm whilst I was taking a couple of photos of his Wife and her Sister.

Not to be outdone by them he called me over and said he wanted his photo taken also...and again......and again.

What he was doing was checking for gaps in the newly planted rice and adding extra rice plants where needed.

Step one....find somewhere with out rice.

P1020766.JPG

Step two.......plant the rice.

P1020767.JPG

Are you sure you got that.....because I can do it again if you like !!!

P1020768.JPG

Som khar...repair work. That all~

Oh yes, coriander. The month before your harvest it's 200 Baht per Kilo. The week after you harvest It's 200 Baht. All times in between.....it's 15 Baht. After paying 5 Baht per Kilo to harvest it you struggle to break even.

One of our best crops was multi-coloured sweetcorn. 2 rai, 2 tons, sold it all locally at an average 17 Baht per Kilo. We laughed from the day we seeded it, 'til the last kilos were sold. 8 baht per kilo for the 2nd, 3rd+ ears.

I'm gonna do that again.biggrin.png

Regards.

Thank you Dvid48.

There are something else behind my photo.

After I had quit working with ICP from South Africa to delivery the REVA Armour Vehicle to Army in the South,

I came back home and grew coriander on 6 Rais..

I had confidence to get some big money from my vegetable.

The coriander can make money within 45 days.

But when the time come to harvest my coriander the price went down to 15 B/kg.

Two week later the price went up to 150 B/kg and then over 200 B/kg.

I've never grown this vegetable again.

That's one impressive introducktion and an amazing photo from you. I see the man with confidence.

Sad story to hear about your pakchee, Packdee. That was just unlucky.

Which crop are you growing now?

Good luckthumbsup.gif.