Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Excellent share Chaiyapoon,first time I have seen the tipper trucks

Do you know how much they sell for?

P1080125.JPG

Still don't need one so never asked.Sorry.,I am in Uk at the moment so can't check.Couple more photos I took at the dealers.post-2215-0-53791800-1404450269_thumb.jppost-2215-0-79203200-1404450393_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ron, why in Pots?

Re-sale later?

Better soil conditions?

Someother reason?

I don't know the reason,I did notice when the well liners were being prepared that there was a mix prepared using 50% soil and 50% cow manure and the end result was a proliferation of weeds.You can't see it in this photo but behind these there are more planted directly into the soil.

• Like 1

Well, it has been 3 months since the pod first appeared and the bananas aren't getting any bigger any more. Any guesses on when it will be ripe enough to cut down and eat?

I can't tell you how long but looking at it in the photo maybe 2 or 3 weeks.When the 1st banana turns yellow that is when you should cut it down and from then the rest will follow suit and ripen.Some people leave the bunch whole and others will cut the individual hands off and leave them spread out in a sheltered open area preferably not in full sun.

Had a helluva scare at the banana tree today. Walked up to the bunch which is at eye level now to check on the color and had a mouse jump out of it, right over my shoulder. Wasn't expecting that!

• Like 1

Ron, why in Pots?

Re-sale later?

Better soil conditions?

Someother reason?

[/qu

A lot of farmers round here are planting the lime trees in the concrete rings,I thought it becouse lime trees do not like getting they feet wet,waterloging ,I planted 2 lime trees in our gargen,they did not 'do' to wet ,then I dug a deep hole filled it with stone ,re planted,they have never looked back,drainage.

BUT, her that should be obeyed,the misses says in the concret rings they fruit quicker,need less water, again drainage, make more use of the fertillizer?

• Like 2

Hatching some ducklings, in here we have 12 Cayuga's, 4 Swedish Blues, 6 Magpie duck and 10 Shetland duck, quite a mix!! So far so good! I think maybe some of these are new breeds here.

sabian a big welcome and a huge thank you for sharing your photos with us.

I really hope that all your eggs hatch out into what will be a wonderful collection of beautiful ducks.

If you get the chance could you update some photos when your new arrivals hatch?

regards

Shaggy

Hatching some ducklings, in here we have 12 Cayuga's, 4 Swedish Blues, 6 Magpie duck and 10 Shetland duck, quite a mix!! So far so good! I think maybe some of these are new breeds here.

There is just something wonderful about this post :)

Action farm report of the year, Shaggy. Top marks.thumbsup.gif

Pic number 3 with the water spray is my fav. Pic number 1 is brilliant, colour- and depth-perception-wise.

wai2.gif

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

Action farm report of the year, Shaggy. Top marks.thumbsup.gif

Pic number 3 with the water spray is my fav. Pic number 1 is brilliant, colour- and depth-perception-wise.

wai2.gif

Cheers DAL,It was a tough one to make actually.....seeing as at the time this was happening I was watching Mrs Shaggy

and her girlfriends practicing for the local volley ball tournament that was being held later on that week.Young Thai ladies

jumping and bouncing around excitedly or watching a fire........the things I do for Farm Photos facepalm.gif

NB.......I also played in the Men's volleyball team from our group also,we won believe it or not..... smile.png

• Like 1