Change Ip To Your Website With A Dynamic Dns

bolognamare

About IP changing, i have discovered (from my firm coder and from other forums) that is possible to change the IP of my website (hosted to my laptop too, a mirror) with a DYNAMIC DNS.

It's very useful if you want that your (hosted abroad) website appears with a different IP to visitors (like mirror websites under the same IP, every mirror can change the IP even if the domain name doesn't change) to avoid hackers attacks or other problems.

Can you explain me with simple words how to realize this IP-changing using the DYNAMIC-DNS feature? :o

Not 100% I understand you...

What DynDNS normally is used for, is when you want to reach a computer through a universal name (e.g. www.mycomputer.dyndns.com), even when the IP address of that computer is always changing because of that computer being hooked up to the internet with an ISP assigning you a different IP address everytime you connect (or every 24 hours like on the cheap Thai ADSL packages).

The dyndns servers will keep track of the changing IP address of that computer, so that people using www.mycomputer.dyndns.com will always be connected to the correct computer.

Applications might be that you run a web or ftp server on that computer, or a P2P hub,etc

What DynDNS normally is used for, is when you want to reach a computer through a universal name (e.g. www.mycomputer.dyndns.com), even when the IP address of that computer is always changing because of that computer being hooked up to the internet with an ISP assigning you a different IP address everytime you connect (or every 24 hours like on the cheap Thai ADSL packages).

The dyndns servers will keep track of the changing IP address of that computer, so that people using www.mycomputer.dyndns.com will always be connected to the correct computer.

Applications might be that you run a web or ftp server on that computer, or a P2P hub,etc

You focused well the matter (as the last times :o ), thanks.

The bold is the main matter, basicly i don't know how is possible to realize that my ISP change my website IP everytime I and/or my-website-visitors go there.

And i cannot evaluate what are the bad sides of this DynDNS solution.

The good sides are quite clear :D .

You can get a webhosting account with a dedicated IP address and domain name for 5 bucks per month, sometimes even less. Why bother running a website on the tiny pipes in Thailand?

Well I look at this way.

All my web traffic is for Thailand.

NO-IP.com will provide dynamic DNS updates for your dot.com or whatever you have (in our case dot.TV) and you can run it off broadband here in Thailand for 24 bucks a year (the NO-IP charge) and this is cheaper than any host site elsewhere as you can do all the normal stuff and also with out paying the local broadband providers fixed IP rates as well. Being on the Thai backbone, it is quicker to get to us inside the ThaiNIX than to go offshore to a remote host site.

I run several web sites here, our SMTP servers, WMS (streaming), Skype between offices, and piles of other stuff, and in spite of the problems others seem to be having, we just keep going and going (like the eveready battery). We run a total of 5 xxx.jsat.tv's off this service from NO-IP. A great service.

Try www.jsat.tv which is on the ASDL TRUE backbone with a return bridge via ASDL on TOT as well.

Edited by jsat

Well, yes with the amount of bandwidth you get on an adsl line here, usually 256 or 512 kbps up.

I don't need to remind you if they find out you are hosting a commercial website on a consumer ISP account they'll disconnect your service.

Anyway up to you, good luck :o

NO-IP.com will provide dynamic DNS updates for your dot.com or whatever you have (in our case dot.TV) and you can run it off broadband here in Thailand for 24 bucks a year (the NO-IP charge) and this is cheaper than any host site elsewhere as you can do all the normal stuff and also with out paying the local broadband providers fixed IP rates as well. Being on the Thai backbone, it is quicker to get to us inside the ThaiNIX than to go offshore to a remote host site.

I run several web sites here, our SMTP servers, WMS (streaming), Skype between offices, and piles of other stuff, and in spite of the problems others seem to be having, we just keep going and going (like the eveready battery). We run a total of 5 xxx.jsat.tv's off this service from NO-IP. A great service.

Try www.jsat.tv which is on the ASDL TRUE backbone with a return bridge via ASDL on TOT as well.

Jsat, you have the right knowledge and experience of the matter to explain me the following things (thanks 4 that :D ):

1. Can NO-IP.com be used for my website hosted for ex. in Singapore? Can hosting people block this DynDNS added feature, if i don't ask them the permission in advance? Is DynDNS illegal in Los?

2. Is it possible to see somewhere the map of the Thai backbone?

3. I need to find the best place in Phuket where i can have the best ADSL service, someone suggested me Rawai because it's the nearest point to the main backbone, is he right? :o

Edited by bolognamare

Jsat, you have the right knowledge and experience of the matter to explain me the following things (thanks 4 that :o ):

1. Can NO-IP.com be used for my website hosted for ex. in Singapore? Can hosting people block this DynDNS added feature, if i don't ask them the permission in advance? Is DynDNS illegal in Los?

Is that one question or three questions in one? So I had better ask some questions back.

OK so you know what this service does right?

Allocates a domain name to a dynamic IP address.

So why on earth would you use it on a remote hosted box in Singapore?

Surely in Singapore they have their own fixed IP servers / DNS at your hosting point, right?

As to the other two questions PASS

Yes GITS [Government Information & Technology Services] have them but I forget the link sorry, maybe another user can point you in the right direction.

Good luck

So why on earth would you use it on a remote hosted box in Singapore?

Surely in Singapore they have their own fixed IP servers / DNS at your hosting point, right?

For example to avoid offline or banning.

An IP is assigned to my computer from the ISP, right?

So if i use different ISP, i can have many different IP, right?

If each ISP gives me a DynDNS feature, i can host on my laptop a mirror of my website, right?

If i have 10 laptops in 10 different places/countries everyone with a DynDNS, i have a perfect engine with a lot of IP, am i right? :o

Yes GITS [Government Information & Technology Services] have them but I forget the link sorry, maybe another user can point you in the right direction.

http://www.cat.net.th/thix/connectivitymap.html :o

http://www.cat.net.th/internetmap/internetmap.html :D

Well from the map Ji-net seems the best ISP for Phuket and not only (300M-1G and the only one that uses 2 NIX).

What do you think guys? :D

post-21624-1140984073_thumb.jpg

Edited by bolognamare