Lampang Warned To Be On Alert On High Level Of Dust From Forest Fire

webfact

Lampang warned to be on alert on high level of dust from forest fire

By Digital Media

20130122164522.jpg

LAMPANG, Jan 22 - Four air quality monitoring stations in this northern province found high levels of dust from forest fires in the provincial seat, which will be closely monitored though the level does not exceed the standard.

Forest fires in some areas of the provincial seat are only one kilometre from the local government administration centre.

The fire has burned more than 100 rai (40 acres) of farmland in three days, and local authorities have not been able to extinguish it.

Some fires occurred naturally, while some forest burning was man-made and intentional rather than accidental.

According to the Pollution Control Department's local office, the level of dust particles in Lampang province is lower than 10 microns, but today it was measured at the highest level in the provincial seat at 81.2 microgrammes/cubic metre. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-01-22

Its that time of year again! and still no control. T.I.T.

I believe this year's has started earlier than the previous year, which started earlier than the year before that. Also I believe they are defining fires that started naturally as those fires started by the government to clear the verges.