Can't Find Hmwe Burmese Restaurant In Cm

Wopanese

Read that this Burmese restaurant is really good. There's a YouTube video with a map describing how to get there (next to Tom Payon Market off Canal Road and Suthep Road). My wife and I were unsuccessful in finding it tonight. Is it no longer there, does anyone know?

Never been there, but close by is a small cafe that serves Burmese food, mostly Shan style noodles and yellow tofu. If you are heading West on Suthep road from the city, you pass Nimmanhemin Rd. on your right, then the last light before you get to Canal Road, you make a left. This is the road that leads to the Airforce base, and the short cut to the Airport. About 50 meters after you turn left, the cafe is on your right. You'll see a small sign in front with Burmese writing. If you're looking for Hmwe and can't find it, you might walk over to this place instead. Good luck and please post if you end up finding Hmwe.

Never been there, but close by is a small cafe that serves Burmese food, mostly Shan style noodles and yellow tofu. If you are heading West on Suthep road from the city, you pass Nimmanhemin Rd. on your right, then the last light before you get to Canal Road, you make a left. This is the road that leads to the Airforce base, and the short cut to the Airport. About 50 meters after you turn left, the cafe is on your right. You'll see a small sign in front with Burmese writing. If you're looking for Hmwe and can't find it, you might walk over to this place instead. Good luck and please post if you end up finding Hmwe.

As this place you are describing is in the immediate vicinity of the resto the OP is looking for, I have a sneaking hunch they are one and the same. The small sois leading off the airforce entrance road heading west run right into Tom Payon market.

As this place you are describing is in the immediate vicinity of the resto the OP is looking for, I have a sneaking hunch they are one and the same. The small sois leading off the airforce entrance road heading west run right into Tom Payon market.

I thought so too at first, but the google map video looks pretty specific... a few blocks away.

If you still haven't found what you are looking, give us a try. While we do not have any of the Shan/Burmese food items on the menu, my wife , being Shan , has developed quite a Shan following for her cooking. The Shan Noodle dishes in particuliar. She gets groups that come in for specific dishes , with a bit of advance notice of course for the group meals. If you wish to give us a try, click on the above The Pun Pun banner and there are directions within.

Thanks

G

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks this place is really good! They make their own noodles and tofu and also serve Shanghi Noodles, Han and other ethnic Chinese foods such as Yunnanese. Happy to help with order and advise which condiments go with what etc. to enhance the dining experience and make it authentic. Now I have a reason to look forward to going to immigration.