Thai Passport Without My Signature, Serious?

tevez32

I Am the legal father of my daughter after going to court, and then signing papers at the local amphur by myself, my ex and her mother. Also present was the Poo Yai Bahn at the court and at the amphur in Fao Rai, Nong Khai. The court and Amphur documents were signed July 2011, In October 2012 my ex, her mother and the Poo Yai Bahn have signed a declaration at the same amphur to say my daughter has no father and then used this declaration to get a Thai passport without my consent. The MFA in Bangkok have supplied me with the documents to take to the police and can cancel the passport on my request, which i will when my daughter is back in Thailand. How serious is this offence in Thailand?

It might be serious, they made a false report. How serious a judge will find that, depends on the circumstances, etc.

You can have the paspsort revoked now, so that upon re-entering Thailand the passport can be taken away.

But first consider your option. It will not improve the relationship with your ex and might make things worse. I would discuss your option with a lawyer.competent family law first.

This seems strange

You have sole custedy but it sounds like your in Bkk & your ex is up in the village with daughter as i am presuming they jumped over to Loa for a while

So whats the problem

Its not as though their going to run around the world

& yes i can understand your point of sole custody but still sounds like she is with mother

But as mentioned you could go to Immigration & get revoked to tow her in line

Presuming this to be the same poo yai baan that accompanied you to court (and therefore knowingly lied along with your wife), this is a very serious offence by said poo yai baan since he/she is a government salaried official. I’m sure this could/should lead to his/her removal from office at the least – I’d certainly pursue this were I you. Caveat: I’m not a lawyer but have lived here for many years and have an interest in law. My edition of The Penal Code of Thailand is from around 17 years ago so the fines may have been updated. At the very least, the poo yai baan offending in his/her capacity as an official should be charged under section 162 sub-section 4 for “certify(ing) the fact which the document intends to prove as the truth, which is false, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding seven years and fine not exceeding fourteen thousand baht." Make the charge at your police station or to the Nai Amphur - quote the section number.