True Move Now Charging When You Hit Your Limit

taninthai

Sorry auto spell mucked the title up should be true move now charging

Ok true decided to turn my Internet of today I then recieved a message if them that I had hit my credit limit and owe 2500 bht.

I have been on the 599 bht iPhone package wh for around a year which consisted of 2 gb high speed download and then slow the speed down but still unlimited ,when I phoned them today they tried telling me my package us 2 gb download then they cut the speed and charge 2 bht per mb used,was on the phone for an hour telling the guy I always hit my limit and never been charged before ,seems these are new tariffs where they charge when you hit your limit they are listed on there website and they have took all the old tariffs down so you can't even see what your old tariff was ,in the end I told him I want acopy of the contract I signed sent to me to prove that I didn't sign up to this nonsense honestly true are unbelievable they think they can just change your tariff as they see fit.

He actually told me they don't have a copy of my contract and he Is going to contact the shop I signed up at.

Beware of these hidden extra charges

Edited by taninthai

I bought a prepaidTrue move H card last month, topped up some money and entered the code for a 3Gb unlimited dataplan ( netplus 650 ) which would end 20 January.I checked my data on 16 january and noticed that I had only 13 Mb left, but still 4 days to go.

I called the 1331 and asked what would happen and they told me that they would charge 2 Baht/ Mb after I reached my limit.Since I had credit left on the card, which I didn't want to lose, I asked if i could start a new data plan as soon as I reached my limit. The answedr was negative.

I then went to the true move shop at Tesco and they first told me I wouyld get reverted to the lower speed but later retracted that statement.

I then went to the True move H shop in south pattaya and they insisted that there would be NO CHANCE that any credit would be deducted from my card since I had an unlimited plan and would just get the lower speed.

He had entered my phone number in his database and had all the details of my sim. He showed me a brochure which he said was my data plan, but which was a different activation code. My activation was 34 as the last 2 digits, while the plan he showed me had 43 as the last 2 digits and would also only cover 2 Gb.

With 3 of the most competent True move H service morons clercks they insisted that this was the same data plan as I had.I even had showed them the sms messages that I received from True and which said netplus650

I didn't have to worry, when I kept claiming that I had a different plan he threatened to call the police. Shouldn't you love them ?

The next day all credit from my card had dissapeared and that was the very last day True corporation could count me as a customer.

You should probably review the terms and conditions of your original post-paid contract, and assuming that your plan included "unlimited internet usage" with some fair-use cap, have them adjust your account. This might require a visit to a True Service Center. Maybe your original promotion, which might have included unlimited internet usage, expired - you mention you've had it for ~ one year, and TrueMove H applied new/existing T's and C's to your account.

I think they will adjust your balance but maybe not extend the unlimited internet usage plan? Just a guess; they may want to incentivize you to move up to the XL plan. TrueMove have been consistently losing money for years so they may want to change their behavior in hopes of becoming profitable?

It does appear that the iPhone "Free Size" post-paid promotion, for 599 baht (before 7% VAT) includes 300 voice minutes, and a 2 GB HARD-CAP. The XL and XXL iPhone post-paid packages do offer unlimited internet usage, above 3 GB and 5 GB respectively, with a FUP of 129 Kbps.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/302/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%88%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89_iPhone5_:_%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99

^

thanks been looking for that link all last night ,,the issue I have is that I have hit my limit many times before and never been charged ,now I owe them 2500 Bht also on another tariff it says 0.002 Bht per mb not 2 Bht mb,

Your right they are doing this to get you to upgrade to the 899 or 999 package

Signed

Yet another unhappy true customer

My package is 599 mb iphone 2gb plan. However when i check via *900# it says 3gb unlimited and 384 kbit afterwards. My previous plan before ture-h (i migrated from old true to new true-h keeping same plan?) had 3gb with 384kbit fup. However, i dont trust ture-h and never exceed 2gb. i dont want to get billed thousands of bahts in my post paid number.

FWIW, I'm on an "unlimited" B599/monthly TrueMove-H postpaid package which shapes to 384Kbps if I exceed 3GB of 3G data. I've given up exploring the labyrinth of plans listed on the True web sites, especially when many of them have expired, so I have no idea if this plan is still offered, or if I'm simply grandfathered in on an old plan.

That plan also includes an allocation of calls (200 or 300?) and SMS (300?) and MMS (50?). I thought I saved a printout of my plan, but can't find it, so I'm not definite on the amount of calls/SMS/MMS.

My 599 plan also had sms / mms when I was on old Truemove network (not -H). They changed plan to 2gb (pay afterwards) 300 min call / no sms or mms in Truemove-H.

However, I still have free sms in my current 599 plan, I have no explanation for this. I supposed to have 2Gb internet on True-H but *900# USSD command says otherwise (3Gb - 384 kbit fup).

^

I can't even check my plan with *900# because they have now suspended my service until I pay the 2500 bill

Surprise surprise no one has rang me back ,so going to shop tommorow probably end up throwing the sim card at them ,no one has my phone number apart from the wife so no problem just going to ais or dtac and getting new sim card and number.

As I'm pretty sure I have hit my limit many times before with no excess charges I think in their wisdom true have changed my tariff to one with excess charges.

Had a similar thing happen to me years ago.

Back when GPRS was first introduced by AIS only Post Paid customers could get a contract so we arranged one for TW as I could not apply. We obtained a 350 Baht per month (100 Hour) GPRS package and they applied the minimum 4500 credit limit.

Over a two year period things went very well accept they would/could not give us our monthly statement in English.

Well one day I went to make a call on my phone to find it blocked. Tried the 1175 hotline only to be told my "promotion" had run out <deleted> did that mean? Finished up getting TW to call em only to find out my 2 year contract had expired and they took my connection time out at the default 1 Baht per minute, I had blown the 4500 Baht credit limit and my phone suspended. Apparently there was a warning written in very small Thai fine print on the last invoice to renew the GPRS contract.

No end on communication could resolve the problem so I through away the sim card and bought a new one on prepaid by then GPRS could be used on them.

They chased us for about 18 months trying to get the payment each time were told to drop on their heads. It all went away.

Edited by bdenner

Well there's a first true rang back today and apologised ,they said just pay 599 bht this month ,however they said my old tariff has expired and they want me to move up to the 3 gb plan and have offered it to me half price for 3 months , I leave the country in 3 months so will rake it and then cancel when I leave.

I think there is no official comsumer protection here as far as 3g billing is concerned

i am on the AIS 799thb unlimited package and according to my phone my actual 3g date usage is very low

(because im nearly always connected to fast wifi at homw or work etc )

the phone companies always estimate it to be much higher although it doest afffect me as im already on their

unlimited package but for people buying it buy the MB its a complete rip off if they say youve used hundreds of MB

and your phone and third party apps mesure the data at a small fraction of however corrupt way the networks measure it rolleyes.gif

Edited by YipYipYa123

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone...I want to ad to this topic...my experience with Truemove H 3G internet.

I subscribed to Truemove H and I cancelled last week due Truemove dishonesty and sneaky underhanded procedures! At first I chose a limit of 1Gig allowed download and upload...I quickly realized this would not be sufficient and upgraded to 3Gig. But before I upgraded they SLOWED my connection to a point where I could not navigate hence I upgraded because the slow down (confirmed by them) is in effect until your next billing period! Why they do this(still did this slow down until last week) only they know. Instead of charging you extra on your next billing period, they slow you down! My best guess is they want you to upgrade to next level or they are afraid they will not get paid for the extra! After I upgraded to 3Gigs they somehow speeded up my download and upload data for through normal browsing(no streaming or video download) I quickly used up the 3 Gigs...NO WAY for I have in Canada a similar plan and 3 Gigs is very sufficient for the browsing I do!! They again slowed down my speeds and again I felt forced to upgrade to their last level 5Gigs for B900 per month. Everything was ok dokey again and my speeds came back to normal...enough for me to watch live streaming of a Tennis match with Joker and Murray. Because of this streaming I used up the 5Gigs and again they slowed me down. I was told this would go on until my next billing period 10 days away! So no choice through my wifi I looked and found a connection available not password protected. What happen next is very frustrating for Truemove did the unthinkable...through their access connection which shows available wifi connections I connected to the a fore mentioned connection, I did for the next 3 days and the following day whoops the connection was not available...blocked! I am thinking this is because the owner had blocked it until I told myself I will try to connect without the truemove stick...I removed it form my laptop and tried to connect on my wifi network that I had connected with before and sure enough I was able to get in no problems!! This really made me mad...mad enough to cancel my account with truemove for it was THEM that were prohibiting access through the aircard stick!! Sneaky. dishonnest control they do and think the customer will not be aware of their underhanded moves! So if you're thinking of going 3G with Truemove H be prepared for their control and permission to get access!!! They really have no respect for you and are very aggressive to make money through any means available to them!!

I would recommend switching to My by Cat . They have new My Data unlimited plans (formerly myClick)

http://www.mybycat.com/products.php?id=14&sid=81

unlimited postpaid internet packages from 350/mo to 750/mo, and the fair use caps are modest at 384kbps, which is internet surf-able.

I am a bit concerned now about the CDMA....I wonder if they are really ending the 799/mo unlimited (no fair use cap) CDMA internet package and instead charging 1 baht/min for internet usage. We'll find out on next month's bill.