Ji-net Unlimited Data In/out?

z9999

I just recently (10 days ago) had the 2way satellite service installed, the SME 512/128 package, and notice that I encounter slow downs or service interruptions ocassionally. Looking at the usage I determined that it appears that whenever I send and/or receive a large amount of data in a short period of time the service will either slow to a crawl for a period of time or cease altogether for anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours. This made me think they may have a fair use policy to keep individuals from hogging bandwidth. That is acceptable to me, however I would like to know what it is so I can avoid service loss completely. I would also like to know what their low usage period might be as I have no problem adjusting my usage to reduce impact on other users.

Just this morning, between midnight and 5am I was able to send and receive a total of 460MB and then stopped my access using Zone Alarm firewall, and at 2pm unblocked my access in order to check my email only to find no access for 30 minutes. I could not even ping ji-net's DNS server, which is usually what happens when my service is slow or stopped.

I spoke to the lady who took my order and asked if I could speak english as my Thai in relation to computers is poor, and was told yes she can listen to english but could not understand a word, nor was there anyone else to speak to, so has anyone got answers to my questions? Are there hidden limits, either total, or time period related that need be avoided to retain service?

I used to have ADSL from ji-net (512k, and not the SME plan) and was able to download over 1gb per day. It seemed to get slower from about 8am-1pm but then at night was faster, especially around midnight to 3am+

Don't know anything about their satellite service, however.