Dental Clinic At K K Srinakarin Hospital

klikster

I thought my experience might be of value to some of the folks nearby Khon Kaen.

I had one lower wisdom tooth left over from extractions and dentures that had been done 3+ years ago in BKK.

Recently I started getting toothaches. The tooth was not being used as a stabilizer for the denture so I decided to finally man-up and get it pulled.

Made an appointment at one clinic (not Srinakarin) where they mentioned "difficult extraction" and "Bt 1,200 to 1,500" on the phone. At the clinic I was rejected as soon as the woman saw my tooth .. "too difficult".

So off to Srinakarin. Got a card, then made an appointment for their evening clinic.

A dental student did a very workmanlike extraction with very little drama. The fee was Bt 400 or 450 (can't recall).

Next visit was afternoon appointment for a dentist to rework my denture to add a tooth that would match my uppers. Mouth got filled with stainless steel device and some quick setting goo and told to return in 2 weeks .. at which time both upper and lower dentures would be lined. (dentures had never been lined).

Two weeks later it took about 30 minutes for the same dentist to check the newly modified denture then line both. Lots of grinding and polishing. My dentures fit much better now, especially the lower.

Cost for tooth being added and both dentures lined, Bt 4,800

Waiting time for evening clinic was longest, about 20 - 30 min. Waiting time for afternoon was 5-10 min both times. The clinic is basically an open bay with about 10 chairs and one walled off area. Place is not fancy but it's clean.

If you decide to visit, be prepared for a good long walk. wink.png

Thanks

Nearly all of the staff there are students from the nearby dental university and are trained to a excellent standard and fortunately because they are still undergoing there training the prices are lower than you would pay at most clinics elsewhere in Thailand,you can also go to the University dental hospital and it is even cheaper if you don't mind waiting....same staff but cheaper.