Travel In Cambogia With Thai Car

awayfoe

I have posted lots of info on this as have taken my thai car in many times

so use the search

it is easy of u find the time an apply in advance for the legal way as u need be approved

U can most of the time get in at Osmach ( south of surin ) with out to much trouble with just ur cars blue book in ur name

at Poi pet NO

Palin NO

koh Kong Sometimes. and if they do allow u in ur told u can ONLY drive in Koh Kong Provence.BUT they never check

IT is worth the trouble and i love having my car when i am here.

Edited by phuketrichard

We drove to Sihanukville from Pattaya in the mates Thai car he had to show logbook in his name to gain entry at Kho kong.On arrival in Snooky ,we where stopped twice within 10 mins and fined $20 car had tinted windows not allowed in Cambodia, but it was a thai car,no use, we also drove wrong way down a newly changed one way street near the beach, which cost $10.On speaking with some mates that live there, we where informed we should only have paid $2 each time which is the normal rate

$20 car had tinted windows not allowed in Cambodia, but it was a thai car,no use, we also drove wrong way down a newly changed one way street near the beach, which cost $10.On speaking with some mates that live there, we where informed we should only have paid $2 each time which is the normal rate

You were ripped off big style. Tints are common in Cambo, and the bribes are only 1000R (25c) to $2 max.

Front window tints are not LEGAL in Cambodia. Only rear passengers windows and back window can be tinted.

You were not ripped off.

I was stopped in SHV,( the worst place to have a thai car)

ran a red light, tinted windows, only thai license not Cambodian and your car is NOT Legally supposed to be in SHV if u enter at Koh Kong but only allowed in KK province.

I was fined $20 ( he had to split the fine with 3 others) and had a 30 minute talk with the Cambodian officer who was very polite an spoke excellent English.

Farang talk, Have u ever been stopped for driving a thai registered car? if not don't say he was ripped off. Typical fine for driving Cambodian motorcycle, ( if u stop) is $2-5

Same goes for all those that tell ya what the average is. I bet none have been stopped with a thai car.