Honda Cbr 150 Back Box

Scully

I have seen back boxes and have been quoted 2000 baht, which sounds reasonable. However today talking to an Aussie guy he said he got one for 700 baht with all mountings fittings etc.

What price is the going rate ?. PS I am in Udon.

Thanks in advance and I know it's not a huge amount of money but it always feels better to get a bargain.

PS there is a shop I heard about in udon for big bike accessories does anyone know its location.

If not I will try the Issan Forum.

Cheers Scully

Yes, dont buy too cheap. Get a Shad or Givi. A small Givi is 1700Baht:

http://www.crsaddleb...m/topboxes.html

that box is too small to fit a decent helmet ,go for a 35 Litre size or more if you can

the larger ones have a brake light built in because these boxes have tendancy to cover your existing brake light

so anyone sitting higher in a jeep or a truck behind you may not see you slowing down

A box with 35l or more looks monstrous. Maby Yip likes this. I dont.

This 26l box (E26N) looks OK on a CBR150. IIRR you can get a box of this size from Shad too. But this Givi is the cheapest for 1700Baht, good value for price.

And of course a fullface helmet fits in this little box. Yip is wrong in this point. But i wouldnt do it because helmet stank.

Lots of helmet thieves here, in case you wonder why you should throw the helmet in the box,

i got robbed of 3 helmets, but no theft after i throw them in the box, i dont even have to lock it,

no one opens the box.

Also much convenient to carry food etc in, rather than balancing the bag on my thumb,

and barely able to steer.

Like with most things, bigger is better

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

Seems the OP isn't interested in this thread anymore.

So here my last contribution. A picture of my bike with Givi E26N top box. On tour everything that doesn't fit into the box goes into the bag biggrin.png

post-129800-0-58126100-1360574024_thumb.

Do you tour a lot on the bike ? How do you find it, comfortable ?

I would really like to get one to tour but not sure I would use it enough !!

Maybe be better for me just to rent in the area I want to tour...

There is a big thread about the CBR150. Not that i want you to read everything. But you can ask all you want to know about this bike there smile.png

I own my CBR now a half year and still like it. I ride up to three hours non-stop. Than "it" starts to hurt laugh.png The riding position is somewhere between sport bike and touring.

If you keep the revs up and like shifting a lot this little bike can be much fun and it can take you anywhere you want to go. All in all i like it and would buy it again. But if you want to ride with pillion or just need a bit more power/torque than take the 250cc. The 150 lacks a bit of torque for relaxed city riding.

Seems the OP isn't interested in this thread anymore.

So here my last contribution. A picture of my bike with Givi E26N top box. On tour everything that doesn't fit into the box goes into the bag biggrin.png

post-129800-0-58126100-1360574024_thumb.

Do you tour a lot on the bike ? How do you find it, comfortable ?

I would really like to get one to tour but not sure I would use it enough !!

Maybe be better for me just to rent in the area I want to tour...

I travel 100 k maybe three time a week, they maybe only 150cc but they do shift. Not good in the wet so take corners steady, but a back box for me is a life saver as I need somewhere to put my sticky rice and 5 bottles of beer then there is no other option. I have gone for a large one at 2000 baht and it has a reflectice back. Thanks for all your replies it may not be the sporty look a cbr needs but its practical.

As for a good bike I highly recomend them, I had my chain tightened gears adjusted and an oil change, 140baht thats good after service.

No more forgetting my rucksacksmile.png

Thanks for the replies I get sick of rucksacks and my internet has been updated to windows 7 for 3 days sad.png .