Delivery In Samui - Baby

Hi all,

I know there are some older topics about giving birth in Samui, but I would like to get some recent experiences, as the other ones seems a long time ago and hopefully things have changed in some points. We are moving from Phuket to Samui end of this month and our son is to arrive beginning of April. I was under the care of Bangkok Hospital here on Phuket and it is the best. How about your experiences in Samui? I will be living in the north and I read many advise to go to Nathon Hospital, but it seems quite a drive once it is time. Please share all your experiences, as I had great help with all my questions so far and will be a newbie to Samui. Thank you in advance.

there is a number of topics which covers most of what you are after, but i find different people have differant experances

http://www.thaivisa....birth-in-samui/

http://www.thaivisa....-baby-on-samui/

http://samui-weather...-in-nathon.html

Yes, i have seen these, but they are very very old and I am sure things have changed since 2008 or 2010.

I was about to recommend DHL or Kerry logistics...edit title to baby delivery might get more responses. smile.png

Thanks good advice. Since I am new, could you help me out how to change the title ;-)

bottom left report button and mod will change title if you explain. Just from experience of a friends wife who died due to negligence of the doctor at Nathon I would go for inbetween and Samui Inter. Just my experience, others have positive's there.

I was about to recommend DHL or Kerry logistics...edit title to baby delivery might get more responses. smile.png

Thanks good advice. Since I am new, could you help me out how to change the title ;-)

bottom left report button and mod will change title if you explain. Just from experience of a friends wife who died due to negligence of the doctor at Nathon I would go for inbetween and Samui Inter. Just my experience, others have positive's there.

Fixed.

Thanks Itsala,

May I have an idea of the price of the whole package? Does it includes everything from pregnancy to baby delivery?

Thanks again

I was quoted 50.000 baht.

But be aware that the package does not include costs for complications or c-section.

Thanks Itsala,

May I have an idea of the price of the whole package? Does it includes everything from pregnancy to baby delivery?

Thanks again

For the c section and 3 nights plus all extras was 60,000 baht. We left actually paying 54,000 because we used a K Bank credit card that gives you a discount ( which we didn't know about which for once was a pleasant surprise)

We then also bought the aftercare package which includes a years vaccines, I can't remember how much but it gave a big discount on pay as you go.