New And Looking For A Place To Move For 6 Months

OBG69

hey i am looking at moving to thailand for 6 months

really finding it difficult to work out where to live..

i dont want to live in patong.. obviously

i havent been to kata beach ... does anyone know what that is like?

i have had thoughts of living in pattaya.. but that seams too crazy

krabi town.. but dont know enough about it

hua hin but from what i have read in forum expensive

looking for a beach area. thats not too crazy or touristy

decent gym... good sports pub...

thats not over priced... maybe thats most ppls idea tooo

haha

any help would be great

thanks

Cherng Talay/Bang Tao area of Phuket would seem to fit your needs but if you think Hua Hin is expensive, then Phuket may not be the place for you.

thats just what i have read in some of the forums...

I would think that most areas of Phuket will work our more expensive than Hua Hin (though I'm not too familiar with prices there these days).

Maybe you could give us some idea of your budget for accommodation and the sort of place you are looking for and we can tell you which areas of Phuket are possible.

im 44 years old... (whether that matters or not) haha and thinking of 40k baht a month. but again dont know if thats enough....

Okay, I'll bite. I'm guessing you are single. Watch out for the female sharks in the places you've mentioned. As far as accommodations, you need to come and check out the areas as no one's likes, needs or wants are the same. I've been living in Rawai for almost seven years now. It used to be nice and quiet and you'd have to know someone to get a taxi ride. Well, it's not like that anymore. My swimming beach is now packed with lounge chairs. Where there was loads of motorbike parking space, is now packed. Oh well, yet another paradise lost to greed... Good luck in finding yours.

But you can still get a rental house for about 12K and up. There may still be a few cheaper places if you look around in the low season. Utilities are extra, plus you'll need to buy some type of transportation as there is no public transit around here. Kata to me is very crowded. But many seem to like it. Hua Hin to me sucked, if you're a beach person. If not parts would be okay. Same with Pattaya. The beach sucks! It's right down stream from Bangkok. I wonder if they ever test the water there? Or anywhere in Thailand... Good luck with your adventure, it's defiantly better than just staying home and doing the same thing all your life! Go for it!

• Like 1

I am in a similar position to OBG69. Its a bit of a nightmare trying to workout a good place to stay, dont want to arrive in phuket and have to spend 4-6 weeks finding a decent place to rent. I found some decent looking serviced apartments in pattaya which was in my budget but dont want to stay in pattaya. Chaofa west apartments in chalong look good but are currently all rented out.

Do a tour, dude. Check out the places you fancy. Having done that, do a 30-day stay ... if you like it, well, you get the drift.

yeah thats what i will do.... tour around thailand for a month til i see what i like....

thanks

im 44 years old... (whether that matters or not) haha and thinking of 40k baht a month. but again dont know if thats enough....

Okay, I'll bite. I'm guessing you are single. Watch out for the female sharks in the places you've mentioned. As far as accommodations, you need to come and check out the areas as no one's likes, needs or wants are the same. I've been living in Rawai for almost seven years now. It used to be nice and quiet and you'd have to know someone to get a taxi ride. Well, it's not like that anymore. My swimming beach is now packed with lounge chairs. Where there was loads of motorbike parking space, is now packed. Oh well, yet another paradise lost to greed... Good luck in finding yours.

But you can still get a rental house for about 12K and up. There may still be a few cheaper places if you look around in the low season. Utilities are extra, plus you'll need to buy some type of transportation as there is no public transit around here. Kata to me is very crowded. But many seem to like it. Hua Hin to me sucked, if you're a beach person. If not parts would be okay. Same with Pattaya. The beach sucks! It's right down stream from Bangkok. I wonder if they ever test the water there? Or anywhere in Thailand... Good luck with your adventure, it's defiantly better than just staying home and doing the same thing all your life! Go for it!

i have heard pattaya beach suck... and that makes sense why.. not far from Bangkok....

my plan is a 18month vacation :)

6 months in thailand then off to new orleans (for a wedding)

then to Belo Horizonte(Brazil) i have friends there then off to london... to live

but all that can change... except New Orleans... of course :)