Thai Pride Or My Ignorance?

kaopadguy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of idiot goes to Thailand, gets a Thai GF and doesn't get laid???

She came on to me at the bar. I told her she was too young (19), but she insisted. She was a virgin, so that's how I left her.

Otherwise we had a good time...

Hmmm.. first time in LOS... ?

How can you tell?? :o

Actually, that's one thing that I wasn't prepared for in LOS, everyone assumed that I was there for the sex industry.

Obviously not :D

Live and learn...! :D

totster :D

Hey, I just downloaded Private Dancer by Steven Leather.

One of the charactors "Pete" just paid for a birthday party for "Joy" the bar girl he fell in love with and NOBODY thanked him!!

I paid the bill. It came to more than 10000 baht. I got up to go. No one said goodbye. No one said thank you.

I wonder if my story will end up like his?? LOL

Eldest or one with most dosh usually pays when you are out with groups of thai(s). In a way there is your respect. :o However thank you bit is most likely not known to your gf or the others - could have chatted with her a told her how things are done in the west. (doubt it would help, but worth a try)

<deleted>!

I'm new to the site. Did a search looking for Thai books. Someone posted about Private Dancer being a free download.

Googled Private Dancer. Downloaded the PDF. A few pages in, Buddy doesn't get thanked!!

You think I started this thread to prove what exactly?

I spent 6 months in LOS a few years ago. While I was in CM I had a Thai GF for a couple of months. Now I'm smart enough to know her motives. I was there to improve her standard of living as long as we were together.

We spent many nights going out to outdoor bars drinking and eating for hours. We were usually in a group of 4 or 5. At the end of the night I would pay the bill, usually around 1200b. Not once did I get a thank you for paying for everyone's booze. Now the money was not the issue, but common courtesy would be to at least say thanks.

So, did they not want to feel inferior, did they not give a sh!t or did they simply think that money must grow on trees for farang and therefor the gesture ment nothing??

Were they male or female friends? Check out this thread if you haven't yet.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56971&hl=

Were they male or female friends? Check out this thread if you haven't yet

Thnx

The male was a tuk tuk driver. He was happy to have a steady income and a bottle of whiskey to share at night.

His english was o.k. and he was a blast to hang out with.

The females were my GF's sister, mother, roomate, bar manager or whomever staggered over to the table on any given night.

What kind of idiot goes to Thailand, gets a Thai GF and doesn't get laid???

She came on to me at the bar. I told her she was too young (19), but she insisted. She was a virgin, so that's how I left her.

Otherwise we had a good time...

She's 19, a virgin, slept with you in your hotel rooom, and drank like a fish...doesn't sound like a Thai gal to me..you sure you were in Thailand and not LaLaland after a few beers?

If its were true, than I apologize :o . .

Anyhow, This really is the Thai ways. The host or the most successful generally takes care of the younger less fortunate. They need-not say Thank you because its implied. All this HOGWASH about "no repect" is just that, HOGWASH. People need to spend more time understanding the thai culture rather than worrying so much about "how they're being used as a walking ATM".

The only person being used as such are the person who often "flash the cash" and like the attention, and in return, they get the satisfaction of being the rich farang, in which case "Som naam nha".

<deleted>!

I'm new to the site. Did a search looking for Thai books. Someone posted about Private Dancer being a free download.

Googled Private Dancer. Downloaded the PDF. A few pages in, Buddy doesn't get thanked!!

You think I started this thread to prove what exactly?

ha ha.. F O

thanks for the PM also :D

toaster :o

She's 19, a virgin, slept with you in your hotel rooom, and drank like a fish...doesn't sound like a Thai gal to me..you sure you were in Thailand and not LaLaland after a few beers?

Apology accepted.

She said she was a virgin. I was 34 y.o. at the time. Early on when she was drunk (she didn't drink that much herself), we started going at it and she started to cry. I pulled out my dictionary asked her if she was a virgin and she said yes.

After that we only went so far then I'd back off.

thanks for the PM also

What PM would that be dipshit?

I think that was somebody else telling you that you are a fool.

name='kaopadguy' date='2006-03-05 08:52:47' post='667145']

Apology accepted.

She said she was a virgin. I was 34 y.o. at the time. Early on when she was drunk (she didn't drink that much herself), we started going at it and she started to cry. I pulled out my dictionary asked her if she was a virgin and she said yes.

Thank goodness, atleast you "pulled out your dict" before it was too late :D

In definitely an honourable thing to do :o

Edited by Misplaced

Anyhow, This really is the Thai ways. The host or the most successful generally takes care of the younger less fortunate. They need-not say Thank you because its implied. All this HOGWASH about "no repect" is just that, HOGWASH. People need to spend more time understanding the thai culture rather than worrying so much about "how they're being used as a walking ATM".

:D Two months, almost everynight of drinking with a tuk tuk driver and 4 or 5 people coming over to the tabe getting drunk then leaving without even the offer of contributing to the bill? You think you know so much about Thai culture :o That is not the way it should be done my friend.

You think you know so much about Thai culture

I never claimed to "know so much about Thai culture". I started the thread to find out if their silence at the end of the night was cultural or not.

BTW, I was with my GF for 2 months we weren't drinking every night. We went on a 4 or 5 night bender in the beginning, that's when I got a little upset at the end of the night.

My GF worked 6 days a week, so she definatly wasn't getting hammered every night.

:D Two months, almost everynight of drinking with a tuk tuk driver and 4 or 5 people coming over to the tabe getting drunk then leaving without even the offer of contributing to the bill? You think you know so much about Thai culture :D That is not the way it should be done my friend.

Well let see English noodle, As I was reading the post made by the OP, it doesn't sound like he regreted it; as a matter of fact, he enjoyed himself. So what should he do?, be a tight wad or spare some change and enjoyed himself?. Also, most of the people he paid for were within her family circle anyway. However, I will concede to the fact that the OP might have paid for some of the Moochers, but that was to his chosen...No?

BTW, I believe I do understand Thai culture, probably not as much as you, eventhough I was born and raised there :o

What a shitty thread! :o

Things got a little sidetracked.

It was never about the money for me. I expected to pay. I just thought that it was odd that nobody in the (small) group choose to say thanks. Therefore, I thought that it might have been a common occurance.

It was never about the money for me. I expected to pay. I just thought that it was odd that nobody in the (small) group choose to say thanks. Therefore, I thought that it might have been a common occurance.

Sometimes this happen at tv...you post a simple question and then people misunderstand you and label you and then your post just goes in different direction (which you may not like it)...we are too many here and we come from very different backgrounds therefore our understanding of life or certain matters is very different. Don´t get upset...just get use to it! :D

At the end of the night I would pay the bill, usually around 1200b. Not once did I get a thank you for paying for everyone's booze. Now the money was not the issue, but common courtesy would be to at least say thanks.
I hear ya, wondered about this myself.

At first I assumed since I went ahead and picked up the tab, that I didn't give anyone else the chance to contribute and maybe viewed that as an affront, so offered no thanks.

Then I thought since I invited them out, it was assumed I would pay for everything.

In the end I think since it appeared that it was no big deal to me, then it wasn't going to be a big deal to them. :o

I spent 6 months in LOS a few years ago. While I was in CM I had a Thai GF for a couple of months. Now I'm smart enough to know her motives. I was there to improve her standard of living as long as we were together.

As opposed to her wanting to spend time with you in order to lower her standard of living??

We spent many nights going out to outdoor bars drinking and eating for hours. We were usually in a group of 4 or 5. At the end of the night I would pay the bill, usually around 1200b. Not once did I get a thank you for paying for everyone's booze. Now the money was not the issue, but common courtesy would be to at least say thanks.

So, did they not want to feel inferior,

more likely they did it so you didn't feel superior... but it seems she failed in that regard

did they not give a sh!t or did they simply think that money must grow on trees for farang and therefor the gesture ment nothing??

Edited by sriracha john

:D:D

Did she thank you for not going all the way?

Did you roll away and lie on your back with the sheets propped up looking like the circus had come to town? :D

The "virgin" claim may have been her way of getting more "taxi fare" money out of you in the morning.

If not, somebody had to break her in, why not you? She may have made a good wife for you had her claim been honest.

The "crying" bit gets me. Instead of her crying, you should have put your old fella in her hand and cried your eyes out. She would have taken pity on you and slid it in where it feels good. :o

Sometimes this happen at tv...you post a simple question and then people misunderstand you and label you and then your post just goes in different direction (which you may not like it)...we are too many here and we come from very different backgrounds therefore our understanding of life or certain matters is very different. Don´t get upset...just get use to it! :D

I agree ,

Forget about it , maybe learn something and move on .

Now what do you want to talk about ?

<snip> I just thought that it was odd that nobody in the (small) group choose to say thanks. Therefore, I thought that it might have been a common occurance.

I have noticed in Bankok, it doesn't happen that much, but when you get upcountry, it happens alot more.

I find it annoying, its just one of those quirky things.

The ultimate paradox for me is I must be polite and respectful to my wife's parents, even though they are younger than me. I am told this is because I am married to her, and she is their daughter. Ok, a fair point of view, but when it comes to dinner, no, I am expected to pay as I am the oldest, thank you is not heard of.