New Tv + Firefox = No Go

KRS1

For IE when opening a post you only see the original post and not posts #2 to #25. Go to page 2 and all appears to be normal.

Had a brief period when hitting "View New Content" of only seeing the top post, this resolved by logging out and back in again.

When doing a reply to a post you cannot see the previous posts (FF).

As we cannot see any replies if you ask questions on the forum you may not get any replies. I am flicking between FF and IE so I can see the additional posts.

Cheers

For IE when opening a post you only see the original post and not posts #2 to #25. Go to page 2 and all appears to be normal.

Had a brief period when hitting "View New Content" of only seeing the top post, this resolved by logging out and back in again.

When doing a reply to a post you cannot see the previous posts (FF).

As we cannot see any replies if you ask questions on the forum you may not get any replies. I am flicking between FF and IE so I can see the additional posts.

Cheers

What version of IE?

Do you run any Ad blocker?

Can you try with all plugins disabled?

IE Version 9, no ad blocker.

Just tried again on IE, same thing of can only see post #1 on the first page. Logged off and back on, still the same.

Had to go out so sorry for the delay in answering.

Edit: Went back at looked at IE again and the post where could only see #1 could now see full page. Will try and pin this down as to when it changes and give details.

Cheers

Edited by Litlos
  • Like 1

OK latest up date for IE (9).

When opening a post can only see post #1 (or use F5 to refresh).

Approximately 20 seconds later without changing anything the rest of the posts (#2 etc) become visible. There were no keys pressed or screen changes made during one 20 delay period, I swapped between FF and IE on another test, nothing appears to make any difference on the delay period.

During the delay period if changing to page 2 can see all posts, but changing back to page 1 can only see post #1.

Cheers

Cheers

I must tested with FF without problem. Can you describe the problem in more detail please?

What operating system?

What version of Firefox?

Have you tried running Firefox without any plugins enabled?

What operating system? - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

What version of Firefox? - Firefox 19.0

Have you tried running Firefox without any plugins enabled? - No I havnet I need them

I also have 'better privacy' as an add-on.

Tried logging in and out in firefox but still a no go.

1) quote button doesnt work, just press it and nothing happens.

I must tested with FF without problem. Can you describe the problem in more detail please?

What operating system?

What version of Firefox?

Have you tried running Firefox without any plugins enabled?

What operating system? - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

What version of Firefox? - Firefox 19.0

Have you tried running Firefox without any plugins enabled? - No I havnet I need them

I also have 'better privacy' as an add-on.

Tried logging in and out in firefox but still a no go.

1) quote button doesnt work, just press it and nothing happens.

In the far upper right of the reply box ( after hitting reply or quote )

You will see a switch/button called BBCode Mode

If you click it you can go back to what we use to have

I don't know why or what has changed but yes it does not work as well

now. The default is having all the options in the reply section greyed out

I am on FF 17 & Windows 7 64 bit Home edition

I do use AdBlock Plus otherwise many sites are unusable these days

Edited by mania

OK latest up date for IE (9).

When opening a post can only see post #1 (or use F5 to refresh).

Approximately 20 seconds later without changing anything the rest of the posts (#2 etc) become visible. There were no keys pressed or screen changes made during one 20 delay period, I swapped between FF and IE on another test, nothing appears to make any difference on the delay period.

During the delay period if changing to page 2 can see all posts, but changing back to page 1 can only see post #1.

Cheers

Cheers

Are you still having this problem?

I've tried on 3 computers with IE now and they all load all posts right away.

If you observe the scrollbar on the right in your browser, does it "go smaller" once the posts finally come or is it small already from the start?

Can you see in the status bar of your browser if anything in particular is making the loading stall? Any particular file?

Can you try one thing for me ?

In Firefox go to Help and select "Restart with Add-ons Disabled" and try again ??

I disabled the Firefox Add-ons and this is what i get when i hit the 'quote button':

no_quote.jpg

Edited by KRS1

@Krs1

thanks for trying, I have no idea what it's going on.

I've tried on the following systems (1 test complete with addons and another test with standard Browser installs (no addons etc)

- Win 8 x64 with Firefox 19, Firefox 21 Nightly ELM , Ie 10, Opera (Running in a Sandbox), Chrome (Running in a Sandbox)

- Win 7 x64 with Firefox 19, Ie 9, Opera (Running in a Sandbox), Chrome (Running in a Sandbox)

And they all didn't have the problem you are describing.

Can you send me a MSINFO via PM

I would need to know more about your system configuration, for that I would need a System Information file (NFO).

To obtain a System Information file (NFO):

• On the Start menu (Windows), click Run.
  • In the Run dialog box, enter MSINFO32.
  • In the System Information dialog box, on the File menu, click Save.
  • In the Save As dialog box, make sure that the file type is System Information File (*.NFO).
  • Enter a name for the file. Click Save.

Right click on the NFO and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder

Attach the zipped System Information file (NFO) when sending a PM don't attach it here on the board.