Mcgarrett Powdered Mustard-What A Punch

Apache704

I just bought a large bag of McGarrett Powdered Mustard and tried to make it spreadable using one teaspoon of the mustard and a little bit of water mixed it and tasted it. Boy was it strong and slightly bitter. Does anyone know how to make a nice mustard out of this?? I'm sure someone has a recipe out there to share. Thanks

I never use water for it , have a try with the normal cheap white vinegar. You will be surprised I think.

Tried it,better but not what I want. IO tried mixing honey with it and it is better but still need something else,like Octoberfest Mustard.

I never use water for it , have a try with the normal cheap white vinegar. You will be surprised I think.

Tried it,better but not what I want. IO tried mixing honey with it and it is better but still need something else,like Octoberfest Mustard.

I found the recipe that I wanted for Octoberfest mustard and it tastes great. I'll be eating a lot of it now and am enjoying it very much.

• 4 months later...

If it's the same as the McGarrett's that I've just had delivered by a friend, you may find that it's English mustard. Afaik, English mustard is always mixed with water and is intended to deliver pain from the back of the throat, through the nose and into the frontal brain area. Mixing it with other than water will result in Dijon or American mustard I guess.

mcgarretmustard.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Gents, ive been looking for McGarretts powder and APVinegar in Udon thani, has anybody seen it there? Thanks.

Always mixed powder with water, vinegar makes it a bit tastless like american custard, sorry, mustard, and german zenf,

Hello Gents, ive been looking for McGarretts powder and APVinegar in Udon thani, has anybody seen it there? Thanks.

I have never seen McGarretts before I received this pack. It was obtained from Villa in Pattaya I think. I don't know APVinegar but they have recently started selling Balsamic vinegar here (Surin) in Tesco Lotus and Makro.

• Like 1