What Area Of Bangkok Do You Live In And What Are The Top Things To Do There?

electric blue

Hello everyone,

I have lived in Bangkok for a while and am really starting to get a little bored of moving in the same circles. I would like to hear what area you live in and what are the top things to do there, this would especially include things you can only know if you live in the area.

For me: I live on Udomsuk and the best things to do include:

- walking/relaxing/exercising in Rama 9 park.

- a quiet drink with a friend at one of several bars behind paradise park shopping complex.

- many local decent restaurants around the middle of udomsuk

- waterpark activities at Nongbon water sports centre.

- wake boarding at taco lake

I live on Ram Intra- 4km west of Min Buri. I am very near Fashion Island Mall. Here is the "suburbs" of Bangkok so I can take a 30 baht van to various destinations- Victory Monument, Morchit, Rangsit, Ngonwongwan ....

There is a "Siam City Park" close by that has a delightful swimming area and it seems to be a pleasant, family-oriented amusement park. Then, there's also the Fashion Island Mall with the Food Court, Big C, and the Major Cineplex.

I've seen a sign about some kind of animal park but haven't been.

It's a quiet area and my 5th floor balcony faces the rising sun and in the distance I can see the planes descending into Suwannapome. Many trees and birds are also visible. The traffic on Ram Intra is a nightmare most of the time.

I've been in Asoke for 5 years.

As you can imagine, there's tons to do around here both during the day and, of course in the evenings. Bars, clubs, restaurants, shopping malls like Terminal 21 & Emporium, three high end gyms and, of course, the infamous soi Cowboy.

But what if you don't want to eat, drink, shop or shag?

Well the EasyKart facilities at RCA could be worth a look in; Benjasiri Park is pleasant enough but don't drop your fag butt and every month or so there's a big daytime/evening party at Flow House on Sukhumvit's soi 26 called Kolour Sundays. It has a huge and very effective wave machine so, if you're inclined, you can rent a board and surf to thumping house beats until 10pm. BTW, you will see more 9/10 women here than there are in Thonglor's Demo, Funky Villa and Muse put together.

• Like 2