4 Million Baht Burglary At Canadian-Owned Business In South Pattaya

Rimmer

4 Million Baht Burglary at Canadian-owned Business in South Pattaya

steal-34.jpg
PATTAYA:--Just before 1am on Sunday the Canadian Owner of a new Tour Business returned to his offices to find they had been ransacked and 4 Million Baht’s worth of cash and valuables had been stolen.

Police were called to the offices of the “Pattaya Hop On Hop Off Tours” company on the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya by Mr. Fred Mitchele aged 46 and his wife. He explained that the pair had gone out for the night and returned to find the front door to the property was open and the office and living accommodation at the 4-storey Townhouse had been ransacked.

After checking to see what had been stolen Police were told that 60,000 US Dollars, a Samsung Galaxy Tab, Apple Mac Computer and a Luxury Wrist Watch
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/81183/4-million-baht-burglary-canadian-owned-business-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-31

• Haha 1

Hmmm, they go out for the night and happen to leave $60,000 laying about in an empty property?

Were the banks not open prior to this to bank the cash?

To top it all off the couple go around destroying possible forensic traces.

Yes, very astute business people.

• Haha 1

Hmmm, they go out for the night and happen to leave $60,000 laying about in an empty property?

Perhaps the wife is, if you know what I mean. ;)

Checks by Police revealed that this property has a long history of burglaries and at least 6 cases had been reported to Police over the years and each time the occupiers would move out because of this.

You'd think the landlord would wise up and make the property more secure by now? :(

Checks by Police revealed that this property has a long history of burglaries and at least 6 cases had been reported to Police over the years and each time the occupiers would move out because of this.

You'd think the landlord would wise up and make the property more secure by now? sad.png

Perhaps the landlord somehow benefits from such activities. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Me-thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye - I wonder what the insurance assessors will make of it ?

And why does the farang appear to me sweating like a (member of an ethnic group that is often incorrectly accused off committing criminal acts) on a rape charge ? Did the thieves nick the air-con ?

Edited by Rimmer

60,000 US Dollars in cash. Idiots.

You mean to tell me that you never leave the equivilant of 1.8 million baht in cash or $60,000 USD lying around the house and go partying in Pattaya - what could go wrong??? Sometimes I just stuff that amount in my wallet and party with itwhistling.gif. You would never be lonely!!

Yes it does sound like an inside job of some type or someone being completely niave. With that lack of common sense it is hard to believe they can run a successful business I am afraid.

• Like 1

Me-thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye - I wonder what the insurance assessors will make of it ?

And why does the farang appear to me sweating like a (member of an ethnic group that is often incorrectly accused off committing criminal acts) on a rape charge ? Did the thieves nick the air-con ?

Maybe he's sweating because he's had to walk up and down three flights of stairs, possibly a few times, in the course of the police investigations?

I know I would be, air con or not, I think it's a little warm in Pattaya right now even at night.

Thailand is for fun.

There's a reason I'm never going to be robbed by the Thais.... I don't do any sort of business with them, or in their country. :)

Isn't it funny how many smart educated superior Westerners get fleeced by uneducated simples with farmdirt still under their fingernails, time and time again. :cheesy:

Thailand is for fun.

There's a reason I'm never going to be robbed by the Thais.... I don't do any sort of business with them, or in their country. smile.png

Isn't it funny how many smart educated superior Westerners get fleeced by uneducated simples with farmdirt still under their fingernails, time and time again. cheesy.gif

Was it a Thai who robbed him? You know that?

Your second paragraph was so funny you should have followed it by two "laughing" icons

Maybe he's sweating because he's had to walk up and down three flights of stairs, possibly a few times, in the course of the police investigations?

I know I would be, air con or not, I think it's a little warm in Pattaya right now even at night.

Maybe, or perhaps its an involuntary sign of his inner turmoil.

So on top of the cash, a 2 million baht watch laying around in an unprotected, 6 times burglarized, property?

One way or another they will never get away with it. I mean whoever thought this as a viable insurance scam, if that is the case. The thieves, if they exist and the bounty existed also, must be celebrating with the cash and gambling for the watch.

Still, if it is all genuine, poor guy. Hard and expensive lesson.

So on top of the cash, a 2 million baht watch laying around in an unprotected, 6 times burglarized, property?

One way or another they will never get away with it. I mean whoever thought this as a viable insurance scam, if that is the case. The thieves, if they exist and the bounty existed also, must be celebrating with the cash and gambling for the watch.

Still, if it is all genuine, poor guy. Hard and expensive lesson.

2 million baht watch,was that the one his wf. bought for himwhistling.gif on the corner of soi post office.

The owner of the property keeps renting it out , the tenants get robbed ( 6 reported times prior) he then rents it again for a 7th time there is a B & E ??????????????????

Is there a pattern here ????????????????????

If the 'take' is like this every time it would seem renting unsafe property is lucrative to someone ????

Just observing

ph34r.png

Canadian Theft Victim Offers 100,000 THB Reward
PATTAYA:--Burglars stole about 4 million THB worth of cash and valuables from a Pratumnak Hill townhouse with a history of burglaries. Two foreign couples had just moved in and opened a travel agency on the first floor. A 100,000 THB reward is offered for the return of their property.

PATTAYA – March 31, 2013 [PDN]; At 1 a.m., a report of valuable property being stolen from foreigners’ townhouse was received by Pol. Lt. Capt. Sombat Kaewmulmuk, detective officer of the shift, Pattaya police station.

The burglary occurred at a townhouse at 338/12, moo 12 Khao Phratamnak Rd. south Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi. The crime scene was a 4-story building containing a newly-started business and the living quarters of the owners.

The new business was a travel agency owned by a Canadian foreigner, and named “PATTAYA HOP ON HOP OFF TOURS LTD.” The travel agency was set up on the building’s ground floor and opened as an office to service clients, with office equipment.

The second floor was divided into a kitchen and a living room. The 3rd and 4th floors contained the bedrooms. The rooms had all been searched and their contents were scattered everywhere.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/02/canadian-theft-victim-offers-100000-thb-reward/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-02