Yank Blamed For Fatal Road Crash On Jomtien Beach.

britmaveric

5555 ... please ... THAT's funny!Comparing individuals to Gov's ... (and the Gov't of the poster would be as highly questionable) Looks like strictly anti-american sentiment (typical)

I agree with you, when you <deleted> up, the govt needs to take you guys out, when the govt f**ks up, it's not comparable, I'm not anti american, I have good friends that are american and they are aware of that all soap opera you guys are doing and ashamed of it, I even have redskin american friends, real nice people...americans are not individuals, they're tax payers...small robots that listen to crap and build crap...You didn't even had the guts to conduct the war in Iraq, you needed brits for it, you guys just didn't have what it takes to be a soldier, only th high tech freaks and crazy business men, bringing their small dodgy corporations to rebuild and install the "democracy" to Iraq...you BUY everything intelligent around the world and then register it in th US...keep your pride for yourself, I'm not antiamerican, I'm anti stupidity

Yeppers ... quite the off-topic bigotted anti-american rant!

The Thread is about a sad occurance in pattaya that could have happened to any farang of any nationality that drives in Thailand.

Mods --- you've deleted posts for way less and with good cause ... seems the thread is still valid but someone needs a vacation from posting methinks.

5555 ... please ... THAT's funny!Comparing individuals to Gov's ... (and the Gov't of the poster would be as highly questionable) Looks like strictly anti-american sentiment (typical)

I agree with you, when you <deleted> up, the govt needs to take you guys out, when the govt f**ks up, it's not comparable, I'm not anti american, I have good friends that are american and they are aware of that all soap opera you guys are doing and ashamed of it, I even have redskin american friends, real nice people...americans are not individuals, they're tax payers...small robots that listen to crap and build crap...You didn't even had the guts to conduct the war in Iraq, you needed brits for it, you guys just didn't have what it takes to be a soldier, only th high tech freaks and crazy business men, bringing their small dodgy corporations to rebuild and install the "democracy" to Iraq...you BUY everything intelligent around the world and then register it in th US...keep your pride for yourself, I'm not antiamerican, I'm anti stupidity

Yeppers ... quite the off-topic bigotted anti-american rant!

The Thread is about a sad occurance in pattaya that could have happened to any farang of any nationality that drives in Thailand.

Mods --- you've deleted posts for way less and with good cause ... seems the thread is still valid but someone needs a vacation from posting methinks.

First Gypsies, now Yanks. He certainly doesn't hold back, does he? I wonder who's next? :D

I think he should be allowed to rant - no one in their right mind takes him seriously, and I'm sure his remarks are treated by one and all with the contemp they deserve. Keep the 'thought police' out of it, says me. :o

First Gypsies, now Yanks. He certainly doesn't hold back, does he? I wonder who's next? :D

I think he should be allowed to rant - no one in their right mind takes him seriously, and I'm sure his remarks are treated by one and all with the contemp they deserve. Keep the 'thought police' out of it, says me. :o

I concur, his comments are so absurd, its better that he keeps making a fool of himself.

Mobi - thai way - dosh has more value to them than justice.

An unnecessary and stupid comment! It’s easy for us “rich” falangs to talk about justice but for the poor Thai who every day has to put his or her nose to the grindstone or go to bed hungry a few thousand baths even for the unpunished death of a supporting relative might be a better deal then just plain justice. Just think about the humiliation in that deal!

Viking

Did it ever ocurred to you that there are thais with big money than anyone on this forum, and trust me there are many of them and some of them don't even pay or anything for their injustices, do you think that only farangs have money? I've seen farangs doing to bed with thier stomaches empty...Brit has a point and yes, it's a fact...Sad but true... :o

Yes off course I am familiar with the fact that there are some extremely wealthy Thais, the resent news about Taksin´s business demonstrates this well, but what have this to do with my statement that we in this forum, mostly falangs I assume, don’t have the right to make downgrading and prejudiced statements about native Thai’s conception of justice?

As fore the humiliating part it is off course a poor consolation to the mourners that the blood money came from a fellow-countryman.

Viking

I concur, his comments are so absurd, its better that he keeps making a fool of himself.

Told you he was a Troll after his first outbursts

on Tv and he still is one. his on a win-up.

:D

If it comes to a pay off anybody has an idea about how much he has to cough up?

Friend of the missus got hit by a car once, broke her hip etc. Believe she got paid something like 20,000baht.

Another life lost on the roads of Pattaya. :D

Like Brit Maveric say's Mobi, it's the way things are done here, he will be able to pay the family and nothing else will happen, mind you, the poor guy will have to live with it all his life, and a 32 year old woman has probably left a husband and children on their own.

My sympathies to all involved in yet another tragedy. :o

nobody here knows the details to make any judjment, it is tragic and is just an exxxample of the poor safety driving that we all see every day, who was at fault, i don't think it really matterfs here, it's just tragic, no lights or whatever who knows....just sad for all concerned

Edited by gharknes

A bunch of coward ignorants...

"You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive . . ."

" . . . flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended . . . for insulting . . . name calling . . . ."

Forum Rules

A bunch of coward ignorants...

"You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive . . ."

" . . . flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended . . . for insulting . . . name calling . . . ."

Forum Rules

Thanks for pointing that out, I guess you had a revelation this morning or you've studied all night to figure it out, obviously everbody forgets about the poor thai girl, while you're protecting b******t of being discovered...

I lived and still have a condo on Chaiyapruk Road. That is nearly as far south on Jomtien beach road as you can go. Beach Road is normally a mess from morning to night. Weekends and holidays are especially crazy. There are so many idiot drivers, both farang and Thai, that I'm really surprised that there are not more serious accidents on that road. The police are very lax enforcing any road discipline. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this accident but passing any vehicle even one that is stopped is very dangerous. Tractors pulling a string of boats, motorcycles pulling boats and motorcycle food carts are likely to pull out in front of you at any time. This road is probably more dangerous than Pattaya Beach Road and caution should be the primary driving rule.

Edited by Gary A

Yeah, when there will be any regulations regarding signal lights, 99% of the attached food cart (God only knows on what basis and regulations they can attach that) to the motorcycles don't have any signalizng lights, even then, there are no real strict regulations about signalizing, singnalizing the direction you are going to it's optional...you get immediatly finded for a damned helmet that even a coconut would do the job, but no fines for not signalizing, no fines for unfunctioning lights and even inexistent lights on the vehicle, the whole trafic is a real safari...the bad thing that there are hundreds of victims every month and nobody seems to care about it. What if they would dispatch all that brownies raiding bars and entertainment places...just send them into the traffic with a proper law for it? Wouldn't that make sense?

Yeah, when there will be any regulations regarding signal lights, 99% of the attached food cart (God only knows on what basis and regulations they can attach that) to the motorcycles don't have any signalizng lights, even then, there are no real strict regulations about signalizing, singnalizing the direction you are going to it's optional...you get immediatly finded for a damned helmet that even a coconut would do the job, but no fines for not signalizing, no fines for unfunctioning lights and even inexistent lights on the vehicle, the whole trafic is a real safari...the bad thing that there are hundreds of victims every month and nobody seems to care about it. What if they would dispatch all that brownies raiding bars and entertainment places...just send them into the traffic with a proper law for it? Wouldn't that make sense?

:o:D

He may be a racist, but his English just cracks me up. Where would this forum be without our favourite Rumanian? :D

He may be a racist, but his English just cracks me up. Where would this forum be without our favourite Rumanian? :D

You're the best Mobi...anyway I'm not racist, 2nd...if I would be as you say I am, that my friend is not called racism, 3rd...I've seen brits with worster spelling, 4th...I'm not fighting in here, if you had a rough morning I'm not the one you should be angry on...chill mate

P.S.: Is this personal Mobi? I don't remember knowing you? Or should I call you racist because you don't like romanians (BTW it's romanian, not "rumanian")

Edited by alexth

[

You're the best Mobi...anyway I'm not racist, 2nd...if I would be as you say I am, that my friend is not called racism, 3rd...I've seen brits with worster spelling, 4th...I'm not fighting in here, if you had a rough morning I'm not the one you should be angry on...chill mate

P.S.: Is this personal Mobi? I don't remember knowing you? Or should I call you racist because you don't like romanians (BTW it's romanian, not "rumanian")

You're cracking me up again, you naughty ROmanian.

Have a nice day :D

Just a little personal history.

Three or so years ago, I was stopped in my car at a stop sign when a young lady on a motorbike tried to turn the corner. She was traveling at too great a speed and crashed into the side of my car, breaking her leg and her two year old daughters leg, along with trashing her Suzuki.

To make a long story short, it was deemed to be my fault since I was there and not somewhere else and it cost me 70,000 baht. Ten thousand to the BIB in order to expedite the paperwork and 60,000 to the family, of which 10,000 was also donated to the benevolence fund.

This accident is exactly that....an accident. The farang will have to pay financially and the young lass has already paid with her life. There are no winners here.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Pattaya Mail

Girl dies in collision with car driven by American man

A Thai woman died in the early hours of March 14 when a motorcycle she was riding was in collision with a car driven by an American visitor.

Police from Kong Dongtan sub-station were called out at 3 a.m. to the scene of the accident at Najomtien Beach Road, in front of the Sea Breeze Hotel. They found a bronze Toyota Soluna parked in the lane opposite the Najomtien direction. The front of the car and windshield were heavily damaged. In the car were the driver, an American national named Gregory Carl Pommerenk, age 58, and two Thai women. On the ground was a badly damaged brown Storm JRD motorcycle, beside which lay the body of Ms Wanida Sa-Ngadee, age 21, of Udon Thani province. She had died from multiple injuries.

Pommerenk was taken to Kong Dongtan sub-station. He told police he had lost control of his car and had crossed into the opposite lane, colliding with the deceased woman’s motorbike. Police charged him with careless driving causing loss of life.

Obviously from this the girl was not at fault

Edited by gburns57au

From the Pattaya Mail

I'm chasing you around the topics tonight :o

(Yes ,I've kept my sense of humour).

'from this' being the operative words.

I too read the report today in the Pattaya Mail. The other day I was going to post the report in Pattya Today about the Brit who got knifed when he tried to interfere with a Thai assaulting his GF. I was planning to post the 3 different versions of the same story (PCN, Mail and Today) to demonstrate the fact that 90% of what we read is made up to make a good story. (it all got too hard so I gave up). In the Today version, the Brit was in a 7-11 and was assaulted because he asked for service from the girl who was having an argument with her Thai boy firend. Totally different story, but same guy - same name - same injuries., same soi, same date.

So who knows what really happened to poor old Gregory Carl? If we made it up, we might be nearer the truth.

From the Pattaya Mail

I'm chasing you around the topics tonight :o

(Yes ,I've kept my sense of humour).

'from this' being the operative words.

I too read the report today in the Pattaya Mail. The other day I was going to post the report in Pattya Today about the Brit who got knifed when he tried to interfere with a Thai assaulting his GF. I was planning to post the 3 different versions of the same story (PCN, Mail and Today) to demonstrate the fact that 90% of what we read is made up to make a good story. (it all got too hard so I gave up). In the Today version, the Brit was in a 7-11 and was assaulted because he asked for service from the girl who was having an argument with her Thai boy firend. Totally different story, but same guy - same name - same injuries., same soi, same date.

So who knows what really happened to poor old Gregory Carl? If we made it up, we might be nearer the truth.

I must admit that as far as journalistic integrity is concerned....I would have more faith in the Mail than PCN.However my comment was aimed at the guy who commented on it was maybe her fault for not wearing a helmet etc...

The original post stated that he was overtaking....this report states a different point of view and absolves the poor lass from any blame.

The team at the Mail have had a bit more time to suss out the situation being a weekly paper, whereas the daily rags dont have that liberty.

Edited by gburns57au

• 2 weeks later...

American confesses he was at fault

Thai woman killed in accident A Toyota car and a motor bike were in collision near the Jomtien Garden Hotel and a Thai woman died immediately on the spot. Mr Geoffrey Pommereck, aged 45, admitted he was driving too fast along the beach road when a dog suddenly appeared in front of him.

Instinctively, he swerved to avoid the quadruped but collided with the Thai woman in the process. He said he assumed responsibility for the accident and would pay all bills as well as paying substantial compensation to the family.

Assuming he settles the civil side of the case to the satisfaction of the relatives, he may be able to avoid a jail sentence when the criminal case of dangerous driving comes to the court. In similar past cases, the total cost has been in the region of five or six million baht.

-Pattaya Today

by Somboon Phanit

4 April 2004

He's probably still in shock, so I wouldn't rush to judge the bloke so harshly yet.

Was she wearing a helmet?

Was the headlight switched on, on the bike?

Was the helmet in the basket?

How fast were both parties travelling.

Was he overtaking another car/truck or just another bike?

Assuming it was a head-on we'll probably never know due to bike damage.

Point being that that stretch of road isn't well lit in sections, and a bike without a light on (or obscured) would be very hard to see.

In the UK/Oz/US the police and insurance assessors would want ALL of this info, whereas here you've got buckley's chance of that ever happening.

Did she just pull out suddenly without looking?

Was she driving in the right lane?