What To Do In Chumphon For 6 Or 7 Hours?

jay1980

I will be getting a boat back from Koh Tao to Chumphon in a couple of days, then getting the night train back to BKK.

The boat will get to the pier early afternoon, but the train is not scheduled until 9:20 pm

Anything interesting to do? any good restaurant for an evening meal? and also is there anywhere I can stash the bags safely around Chumphon station while exploring?

Many thanks for any advise

I remember seeing a bag holding room @ the chumphon train station. But maybe you may want to use Farang bar or Fame Tour as an alternate for storage while you roam. Shouldn't be a problem if you have given them patronage of some kind.

I assume you will be staying in the town. So you can walk down the night market road. You have ocean mall, The market will start selling some food as early as 3:30pm, with most serious vendors setup by 4:30ish. Between 4-6 is the best time to get the first choice of good food. I actually haven't tried too many restaurants in the town; very particular about the seafood / fish sauce in stuff. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

If you rent the motorbike, there is a new restaurant inside of HomePro (I forgot the name) but they have nice vegetarian salmosas. I'm not sure if they make them in house, or they are using some makro stock, but I like them. On the same road, there is Big C, Tesco, and Makro all within about 600m from each other.

If you are into the nightlife, there are a few karaoke bars and massage shops around. The truth is always simple and obvious. But they usually don't kick off until around 8pm, although a few shops may start opening up as early as 5-ish pm

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

just to thank the BM's above for the advise, posting from the farang bar now, was able to leave bag here and walk around the town abit, and get a nice thai massage for 150baht + tip

able eat, drink and chill as well as recharge phone and netbook etc here, as well as take a quick shower b4 heading to the train station

thanks again for the good advise

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Fame restaurant generally has other Farangs traveling. Internet, wireless, shopping around, western

food. Farang Pub has much the same in the area if not the Pub. Shopping not quite as good I don't think. Easy to put in a few hours either place.