Before / After What Is Possible Loosing Fat

robblok

Good work Robblok! It's all mind over matter, setting your goals and sticking to the plan. Something that is quite hard for a lot of folks who lack self discipline. I would think it would be twice as hard in Pattaya with all the distractions and places to eat, drink and be merry. Calorie counting is the only way I can keep a tally on daily intake.

Wait till you hit 50. Things just stop working (no, not that) as they did when you are younger and you have to work twice as hard to maintain physical condition. Monitoring your endocrine system and keeping it in balance is vital to health and well being. I was diagnosed as being hypothyroid and low-T around the age of 52 and once that was straightened out, I was able to drop the last abdominal fat that just wouldn't go away. We have different goals though. I am working toward lean muscle mass instead of bulk. Nothing wrong with bulking up, but I cycle 50k a day and only push weights twice a week. At 6'2" tall and weighing 192lbs, I am 4 pounds off the optimum for my height.

Once you become cognizant of the state of health of your body and make it a priority, it becomes easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. People ask me how I stay in such good shape now that I'm in my late 50's and I tell them there is no secret, it's all about diet and exercise.

There is a line out of a Jimmy Buffet song that goes, "you treat your body like a tent, I treat mine like a temple". Truer words were never spoken.

Actually not looking to bulk up too much prefer lean muscle too but i guess it all depends on what you consider lean muscle. Bulking up with muscle only is ok, I just don't want to get too much fat with it during bulking up a bit.

Anyway I am always looking for ways to cook easy healthy food as food for me should be easy to prepare and healthy. Its a ongoing learning process.

As for lower T levels there is always HRT if needed.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job, you got really chiseled in such a short time frame. Glad you pointed out the most important part - diet. If you eat crap then it does not matter what you do with your exercise.

Looking forward to shedding some fat kilos now and getting back to 12-15% body fat over the summer.

Very motivational, thanks for sharing your experience.

Great job, you got really chiseled in such a short time frame. Glad you pointed out the most important part - diet. If you eat crap then it does not matter what you do with your exercise.

Looking forward to shedding some fat kilos now and getting back to 12-15% body fat over the summer.

Very motivational, thanks for sharing your experience.

Yes diet is the main thing.. exercise does burn calories but not as much as we want too. Diet is also the hardest thing if you have a big social life. Still it is possible the make the best choices instead of going all overboard.

• 2 weeks later...

That is awesome Robblok! Well done mate. I have been on a diet for 2 years now, gone from 165kg to 105kg now, my lowest was 95 but I kind of lost it and started stacking on again... it's an ongoing battle, just tell myself that going backwards a bit is no excuse to stop trying.

Just moved to Bangkok and have started excercising and trying to eat right. At the moment I am just trying to avoid the rice and noodles and just eat meat/veg mostly from the vendors etc. Really glad I joined this forum, looks like it could be a good source of inspiration for the road ahead!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

If people don't want real opinion on their pics, maybe they should not flash their navel on Internet.

Well we could make a contest here, who looks most healthy and most successful on the diet .....

• Like 1

I am a firm believer in consistancy, its better to do something slow but keeping it up then going all out and giving up half way. So find some exercise that suits you.

Consistency, balanced diet and exercise are the key ingredients, you'll hit a few bumps along the way but stay on course as best you can and you'll find success.

If people don't want real opinion on their pics, maybe they should not flash their navel on Internet.

Well we could make a contest here, who looks most healthy and most successful on the diet .....

What is this?

Kindergarden?

What is this?

Kindergarden?

Maybe some members are a bit jealous about the success of others?

I can only say Rob: Well done clap2.gif I am not as successful as you --> not yet!....

• 2 weeks later...

What is this?

Kindergarden?

Maybe some members are a bit jealous about the success of others?

I can only say Rob: Well done clap2.gif I am not as successful as you --> not yet!....

may be some members are very quick to throw personal attacks at people but can't take real people's opinions,