Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

okok, i will fill in the blanks. you see there red, if stevie g plays all games, that old excuse can't be used when you get nipped at the pole by us later in the year :D

nah, we'll just point out that torres missed half the season. :o

he is a scouser mate so in most people eyes (such as the essex boy james) he is already guilty of all charges and was also involved in 9/11, starting WW2, he was at fault for Rio missing his drugs test (until it had cleared his system) etc etc etc.

I have heard that Mcgee did not want to press charges for the assault but the CPS decided to go ahead with the charge based on CCTV footage. Now I left the police some years ago so things may have changed but this should lead to no evidence being put forward for the assault but a continuation of the affray charge is possible. Even then the affray charge will require witnesses to say they were in fear, both of these offences require a victim and without mcgee there is no victim.

i have a feeling the 23rd will lead to a not guilty plea followed by another court date in a few months during which time they will try to get the witness/complainant back on board. The CPS will be hoping for a guilty plea on 23rd so no witness/complainant needs to be called and the magistrates can proceed to sentence.

I am certain in this case though that gerrards brief will request trial at crown court rather than be dealt with by magistrates in Southport (although i am sure Dooley will already know which magistrates are staunch reds). The proceedings at crown court are stricter, obviously also in front of a jury but before this there will be a prima facia hearing before a judge to see if there is a case to answer before any trial before a jury. This should all take over one year before it even comes to trial.

Also the court will have to take into account the press coverage and whether any jurers have been influenced by press coverage (pretty impossible to have not read about it with the typical press over reaction).

so sorry to all you mancs/ chavs etc hoping to see him inside for 5 years, this is going nowhere and it will go nowhere at the behest of the alleged victim and his desire to not get involved anymore.

there's no way on earth he'll do time whatever he's accused and convicted of. FWIW i've heard that he did very little at all and that the manc 'victim' sees him as a big cheque.

Is it true Liverpool had the best Premier League record of the calendar year of 2008? Man U probably played two less games as this season they have played two less, but is that right?

Not sure about that but did read something about it being their highest point total for a calendar year in nearly two decades. I wonder if they is a trophy for this fine accomplishment? :o

Is it true Liverpool had the best Premier League record of the calendar year of 2008? Man U probably played two less games as this season they have played two less, but is that right?

yeah i think that's right. we 'won the league' from jan 1st to the end of the season and have not had our traditional annual october and november meltdown this time around. it's always been about us producing it consistently across a whole season if we want to challenge, and hopefully that's this season.

Xabi Alonso fit for Merseyside derby double

Jan 7 2009

by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

Xabi Alonso

XABI ALONSO is poised to line up in the Liverpool midfield for the derby double-header later this month after fears over a long-term absence were allayed yesterday.

But the Spaniard remains a major doubt for Saturday’s Premier League visit to struggling Stoke City.

Alonso was forced off at half-time during the weekend FA Cup win at Preston North End after colliding with a defender in the closing moments of the first half.

The midfielder required seven stitches in a cut to his right foot and concern was raised when he left Deepdale wearing a foot brace.

But Alonso was assessed at Melwood yesterday and, while there is extensive bruising to the foot, the Spaniard has suffered no fracture or ligament damage.

The 27-year-old’s progress will continue to be monitored, but the news will come as a relief for Rafael Benitez, who has seen Alonso become an integral figure in Liverpool’s quest to end their lengthy championship drought.

Benitez’s side face a critical run of fixtures, following the Stoke game by entertaining neighbours Everton in the league and the FA Cup before travelling to Wigan Athletic and then hosting title rivals Chelsea.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv...-name_page.html

good news for the games against the bitters

Edited by redscouse

Fantastic news but I'm still pissed about Insua. That's pissed in the American sense, by the way. He has been, quite surprisingly, solid in defense and solid coming forward. As for Arbeloa, I think he's been great, but obviously we need competition there and Degen looks a lame duck. Someone like Johnson would be stellar.

Fantastic news but I'm still pissed about Insua. That's pissed in the American sense, by the way. He has been, quite surprisingly, solid in defense and solid coming forward. As for Arbeloa, I think he's been great, but obviously we need competition there and Degen looks a lame duck. Someone like Johnson would be stellar.

disappointing about insua but only in light of his breaking through the last three or four weeks. if aurelio could stay fit for more than five minutes it wouldn't be such a big deal his buggering off.

arbeloa's been smashing this season but we've got skrtel back fit now which means carra can play rightback for a while, which i'm happy with. i don't think degen exists personally.

not much I must admit, but I am sure you will help me figure it out. :o

be happy to tiger. he's a middle to upper class arsehol_e who thinks that claiming to be a millwall supporter makes him 'real' and a football fan. he also left his wife and two children for a younger woman who he then subsequently assaulted while she was pregnant. he's a classy piece of work alright. and that's before even beginning to critique the bullshit article he penned, full of lazy stereotypes and pisspoor generalisations.

not much I must admit, but I am sure you will help me figure it out. :o

be happy to tiger. he's a middle to upper class arsehol_e who thinks that claiming to be a millwall supporter makes him 'real' and a football fan. he also left his wife and two children for a younger woman who he then subsequently assaulted while she was pregnant. he's a classy piece of work alright. and that's before even beginning to critique the bullshit article he penned, full of lazy stereotypes and pisspoor generalisations.

let me say this, i would rather go head to head with you on the pitch and not a quiz show.

are we allowed to laugh at cronaldo in here :D fantastic piece of stunt driving crashing his ferrari in a tunnel after skidding on ice (ice in a tunnel :D )

the car is a write of so it must have been at fairly high speed, but a witness said he saw the greaseball get out of his car and walk away from the crash, however if mike riley had been nearby we would have seen all manner of theatrics rolling around on the floor and in need of an ambulance :o

are we allowed to laugh at cronaldo in here :D fantastic piece of stunt driving crashing his ferrari in a tunnel after skidding on ice (ice in a tunnel :D )

the car is a write of so it must have been at fairly high speed, but a witness said he saw the greaseball get out of his car and walk away from the crash, however if mike riley had been nearby we would have seen all manner of theatrics rolling around on the floor and in need of an ambulance :o

feel free to take shots at CR on here. Lord knows if it what superman Stevie G in the wreck while checking his hair in the mirror, somehow it would be the tunnels fault and Mr Riley would have given it a red card and had it destroyed.