Can Not Connect

olaus

I can not connect to internet via totonline or schoolnet, number 1222. The server can not recognise me.

But with CS LOXINFO there is no problem. This problem has been for three days.

I have scanned for virus, but nothing found. System restore did not work. Error 718 is noted but says me nothing. Usernames, passwords checked.

I have windows XP 2000 and a dial up modem.

Any idea?

I can not connect to internet via totonline or schoolnet, number 1222. The server can not recognise me.

But with CS LOXINFO there is no problem. This problem has been for three days.

I have scanned for virus, but nothing found. System restore did not work. Error 718 is noted but says me nothing. Usernames, passwords checked.

I have windows XP 2000 and a dial up modem.

Any idea?

Did it work before? Some landlines dont work with the 1222 number.

Error 718 is caused by a timeout problem and indicates a connection was started (your username and password were sent) but was terminated because the remote server didn't respond within an appropriate time. This could be caused by poor line quality or a problem with the ISP server. I used to get this error with my old TT &T line whenever it rained...and that was often. The line was very noisy. Occasionally, re-dialing was successful. I changed to a new TOT line and I haven't had any problems since.

This error can also occur if your ISP account has expired, or if your username or password you are using is invalid or if you have LCP extensions enabled in the TCP/IP Properties and your ISP doesn't support LCP extensions.

Do you have more than one network card in your PC? If you have, then ensure that all of the cards have TCP/IP protocol enabled and that the TCP/IP settings are correct. (Go to 'Network Connections' in Control Panel to examine the properties of your network cards; or, if you are not using any network card(s), disable them in Control Panel->System->Hardware.)

Do you have more than one network card in your PC? If you have, then ensure that all of the cards have TCP/IP protocol enabled and that the TCP/IP settings are correct. (Go to 'Network Connections' in Control Panel to examine the properties of your network cards; or, if you are not using any network card(s), disable them in Control Panel->System->Hardware.)

Sorry Artisan, I am not native speaking english. " network card in your PC" ?

I only write username and password and click for dial. The same for CS Loxinfo, which strangely enough is working!

I can not understand why ToT' s server is not working.

Maybe I have to go with my computer to Mahasarakham and ask for help.

Olaus