A Bit Sneaky And Disingenous

Now I knowe it bad for to mention other websites here so I will be obtuse about it except to say its a weekly column published from Bangkok.

The opening piece is nothoing but an advertorial for a new mobile telephone spying product and in this case its marketed at spying on Thai girls.

Now leaving out the moral factor for a while just what is the law in Thailand regarding this?

There has recently been a fuss in the UK about the Met Commissioner of Police recording calls and there are grey area's regarding illegality I an lead to beleive.

The other question is the article implies this is a brand new system developed for "Road Warriors" in the UK but the developers have seen another revenue channel in Thailand spying on partners.

Given this is brand new I would then have to question the "Testemonials" on the site - if they are made up they would be illegal in many countries but then again TIT

Now I knowe it bad for to mention other websites here so I will be obtuse about it except to say its a weekly column published from Bangkok.

The opening piece is nothoing but an advertorial for a new mobile telephone spying product and in this case its marketed at spying on Thai girls.

Now leaving out the moral factor for a while just what is the law in Thailand regarding this?

There has recently been a fuss in the UK about the Met Commissioner of Police recording calls and there are grey area's regarding illegality I an lead to beleive.

The other question is the article implies this is a brand new system developed for "Road Warriors" in the UK but the developers have seen another revenue channel in Thailand spying on partners.

Given this is brand new I would then have to question the "Testemonials" on the site - if they are made up they would be illegal in many countries but then again TIT

Kinda like businesses spying on their employees, but if its your phone I guess you can do what ya want, no matter who is using it.

I think the UK might be the lead for spying on its citizens in the western world. Their system of cameras is tops in the world. Their use of spy satelites by the building dept. to get their revenue from people adding on to their homes without a permit is cutting edge. As I don't live there, I really don't know what else is occurring, but I'd assume alot.

Hi

But its not your own phone the software is going on

The whole marketing strategy is one of FUD (Fear uncertaintly and doubt) to get you to put this on your wife, partners or girlfriends phone so you can track who is calling her or who she is calling or SMS'ing.

Having said that I have call recorder software on my own symbian phone which I can record all or certain calls from specified numbers.

This could be put onto someone elses phone and looked at later I suppose.

The software in the piece I am referring to though sends this info (just numbers etc) to a web server which you can access worldwide to spy on you tilac - hmmm

The professional edition turns the phone into a microphone and sends the call etc to the server - I am pretty sure this is illegal in many countries.

The original use of this software was to *spy* on employees but I do not see what this has over an itemised list - when I worked for a large handset manufacturer thats all we used to determine expenses for calls - simple and easy enough really.