American Cheated By Late Thai Wife Of 20 Million Baht Wants His Assets Back

webfact

People saying he is lucky to be alive forget it's just as easy for a Farang to have a Thai person killed... money talks.

Without speculating on his wife's death I wonder how many posters would have jumped all over this if it was the other way around.

If he had the wife killed, all her (formerly his) assets go to her family. So no change to his financial position whatsoever. Following your conjecture , if the wife had the husband killed, what would be the point since all the assets are already in her name ??? Fighting over the child would be a different issue. Seems odd her family is fighting for the child, when it seems logically the child would automatically be granted to the father.....

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't this a wonderful opportunity for the new 'Tourist Court' to show us how useful it is? Just watch how this new revolutionary legal mechanism swings into action and serves justice in a fair way for all parties involved.

Just you wait and see!!!!!

Why would he need the tourist court? He's lived in Thailand for 24 years.

He's no tourist

• Like 1

You make a decent point about judgment, but there is one clue as to his personality: the name he gave his business. It has 666 in it. Do you know what that means in the Western world? That is the "Mark of the Beast" from the Bible, the Book of Revelation, and it refers to Satan. 666 is used as the symbol of black magic and occult. Anyone from America who uses that numerical combination is making a statement about himself. That his wife died after he lost his money seems to fit into a black square peg, which may be correct or not.

You have misread I think: I made no comment about the person mentioned in the OP (though certainly the bit about poor choices would seem to apply).

I've read the Book of Revelation. You have perhaps a slightly inaccurate understanding of what the "Mark of the Beast" is but I couldn't care less about that hocus pocus; I really don't what you are trying to say ("seems to fit into a black square peg, which may be correct or not" - huh?)

Well fellas, ronthai and a few others have it at least partially right, not to 'have' a lot of money in the first place, especially if you do. how much does it require to live nicely the rest of your life in Asia? a good ratio using this guys circumstance as an example would have been 24:1. a million baht with him, in the bank of course, and the other somewhere else unknown and unspoken of. more than enough to enjoy life, and if lost then easy to recover from. Quit always trying to be "somebody" and showing your ass. The target on your back will be much smaller.

I'm just saying...

• Like 2

A measure of sympathy. The guy was foolish in investing in Thailand with clearly no knowledge of what he was getting into, then add 'love' to the mix! But who of us goes through life without making mistakes? Glad to see that he is at least getting a hearing, most likely months of legal bs, and no win, but at least he is generating a few waves.

The investment was made in 2005............16 years after he settled in Thailand.

Try reading before answering.

Again, it would appear, that foreigners leave their brains at the border. How, in any universe, can any sane man bring one million dollars into a country where he can't read, write, or speak the language? This gentleman is a businessman? - Not on this planet.

I've a good friend who brought a $100,000.00 container shipment into the Kingdom in 1994. Guess what? Within 2-years that 100K circled the drain, which is the miasma of the Thai business model, and was never seen again.

Some say, a fool in his folly, is duly rewarded.

Good luck ... American ... good luck.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids, tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang truth..

You must be a real lovable kind of guy

I have no idea if things happened as he described. I have no idea what sort of person he is. But one thing I do know: you have absolutely no cause to imply it was due to character flaws he has or actions by him and that's a very ugly comment to make.

There are terrible people everywhere. Sometimes in Thailand (and elsewhere but for specific reasons, it happens a lot here) people make arguably very foolish choices about whom they trust and suffer very serious consequences as a result: anyone who lives here and isn't remarkably ignorant or in complete denial knows this.

The very fact his three kids tried to kill him three times means nothing to you.

I see you ran the two posts together like I as if I had said it all

Here is a little bit of truth for you. Look at post 15

I said

in response to CrisRMenumate post that said

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids,

tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges

twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang

truth

Edit

I just checked and noticed your name was not on the list that approved of what the guy said. Post number 2 already has 18 people approving of it.

Edited by hellodolly

Wait, he was not married to her, the marrage was not registered. If she died and made no will then the money should be kept in trust until her daughter is old enough to receive it. She is the only heir. If he is her father and agrees to this then her sponging parents have no grounds.

• Like 1

They didn't say what her profession was before marrying him. If she had been a stripper it's doubtful he would have shared his money with her, her previous profession would have offered him a clue.

First of all, though it's hard to believe you are quite mistaken in thinking a man wouldn't trust a former bargirl that much. It happens A LOT.

Secondly, it still comes down to how well you know someone, regardless of their background. I make no assumptions about this case but after 3 decades of experience in this country and countless stories known to me personally or from secondhand sources (including TVF) I know for a fact a startlingly large number of foreign men come here, have a great time while they spend lots of money and people - especially one charming lady - are very nice to them, then think that they have found a situation that will last forever and that there's no reason not to plunge ahead and totally trust this person whom they don't actually know well enough...

She may have been a brilliant manipulator and horribly deceptive - but that doesn't preclude the strong possibility that he made a foolish choice.

• Like 1

"Earth 666 Ltd,"

Interesting choice of name:

666 - The Number of the Beast

Ever since John ... wrote the Book of Revelation and mentioned the number 666, people have been trying to figure out the meaning of the mark of the beast. The number is mentioned in Revelation 13:16-18.

I guess you reap what you sow, or at least someone did the reaping and someone got reaped. Describing him as a businessman is certainly generous.

Same old story I blame Thai law they have it set up to screw Farangs hell you cant even buy a car or motorbike without going through a big load of RED TAPE. No wonder the Thai Baht is so strong the banks there are full of money which some Farang has been conned out of and if that's not bad enough some damn ugly Farangs are in cahoots with Thai's to screw us too. But as you see this stupid greedy lady has screwed her daughter do you think all the family she has given the money to will give it to her daughter when she needs it. My how greedy can you get 20 million. I hope for his daughters sake that's indeed if it is his daughter he can get something back to secure her future.

"Same old story I blame Thai law ..."

Of course you do. Thai law makes men move to Thailand, marry a woman way out of their league and then act incredibly stupid with their money.

This is definitely a case of you reap whom you plough.
  • Like 2

soi41, on 30 Apr 2013 - 04:11, said:

What a bloody fool! Some people deserve, what they get! First cheated by the wife and then leave it to MIL to sell the remaining assets. And share with him.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Exactly...AND note that it was his SECOND Thai wife...!! Some poor suckers never learn...

The very fact his three kids tried to kill him three times means nothing to you.

I see you ran the two posts together like I as if I had said it all

Here is a little bit of truth for you. Look at post 15

I said

in response to CrisRMenumate post that said

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids,

tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges

twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang

truth..

1) He never said that his kids tried to kill him. Work on your reading skills.

2) I didn't run anything together. Mods/admin can vouch for the fact that the quote function on the app doesn't work properly.

3) I know what you said. My response is precisely to that and it stands as is.

People saying he is lucky to be alive forget it's just as easy for a Farang to have a Thai person killed... money talks.

Without speculating on his wife's death I wonder how many posters would have jumped all over this if it was the other way around.

If he had the wife killed, all her (formerly his) assets go to her family. So no change to his financial position whatsoever. Following your conjecture , if the wife had the husband killed, what would be the point since all the assets are already in her name ??? Fighting over the child would be a different issue. Seems odd her family is fighting for the child, when it seems logically the child would automatically be granted to the father.....

"he married Nattiyanee in a village ceremony without having the marriage registered....."

Everything should go to the daughter which is a significant change to his position and also answers your second question as to why the family would fight for custody of the child.

• Like 1

Seen this movie too... the one where the actors look so surprised.

Jail, loss of money, lies..infidelity, lies, acquittal, lies, lawyers.. Did I mention lies?

Ah yes, the game of being like the actress in their favorite Soap, "As the Durian Turns".

His first mistake was in starting a company here.

He did not consider monitoring the passbook, because he trusted her so much.

Spouse wife was killed in an accident, eh?

Excuse me as I live vicariously through Mr. Harpel, smirking at the thought of "my" ex, eating instant karma noodle soup.goof.gif

He should arrange to have her family haunted by Gra Suu and his X wife...

The power of suggestion goes pretty far here.

Improvising and plagiarizing the lyrics of Bob Marley:

"Rude Natti Rude, Dead Natti Dead" guitar.gif

Agree with KuhnPaen above. I too once thought of the possibility of marrying a nice Thai gal, but after reading so many of these stories, I just cant see myself doing it now under any circumstances.

Good news is that this means I can retire a lot earlier as I dont need to have a sizeable nest egg to support a future Thai wife and her family, I need just enough for me to rent everything in retirement.

• Like 2

Nobody deserves to be cheated, dumb or not.

Well, I'll agree up to a point. One doesn't DESERVE to be cheated, even if you play a significant role in making it happen.

But some people perhaps do deserve it - but that would be a digression that I'll probably not make at the moment...

Feel sorry for the guy, but don't understand how he let this happen. How can she have embezzled the money without him knowing? Didn't he check his bank accounts regularly? Things like this are bound to happen if you're so careless with your money.

For all the Thai bashers - this also happens in USA and UK.

• Like 2

i think its difficult enough to find justice in the western world, let alone thailand, the only justice you will get is the justice you make.

There was a great movie i seen many years ago, it was about a group of underworld hi profile figures who served justice outside the legal system, when the legal system failed this group stepped in, does anyone recall this movie?

Star Chamber?