Shower Seal Stockist In Bangkok

tbailo

The plastic seal running along the bottom of my shower has split and constantly leaks water onto the floor of the bathroom. Although I live in a rented condo the building management said this is my responsibility for opening the door too many times (??) and I need to replace it. They told me if I buy it for around 500THB then someone from maintenance will cut it to size and fit it for me.

They told me I needed to go to Homepro to purchase it, however after visiting 2 Homepro locations and showing them exactly what I needed on their display shower cubicles it appears Homepro don't stock what I need. On telling the building management they told me they didn't know where to get it and they couldn't help (for anyone interested it's in an Ideo condo - definitely not the cheapest and I'd expect better service) - their final suggestion was that I tried to repair the broken seal with silicon and glue.

What I require is the plastic runner seal that pushes onto the bottom of a glass shower door, on the underside it has 2 pieces of rubber along the entire length and it is these that have come loose - sticking them again isn't an option as after 2 or 3 days they come loose. If required I can upload a picture to show what I mean.

Does anyone know of a home/bathroom supplies store other than Homepro in Bangkok, ideally close to a BTS/MRT station.

Thanks for your help.

Homepro is pretty hopeless for do-it-yourself supplies. There are many hardware stores for DIY folks and contractors at the following Bang Po location:

Pratch Rat Sai 1 / Soi 24 (Extension of Samsen Rd.)(Bang Sue MTR Station - but a short taxi ride) Near Bang Po Market

About 4 blocks of shops selling nothing but furniture, tools and hardware. Fascinating place to visit.

Homepro is pretty hopeless for do-it-yourself supplies. There are many hardware stores for DIY folks and contractors at the following Bang Po location:

Pratch Rat Sai 1 / Soi 24 (Extension of Samsen Rd.)(Bang Sue MTR Station - but a short taxi ride) Near Bang Po Market

About 4 blocks of shops selling nothing but furniture, tools and hardware. Fascinating place to visit.

Thanks for your help Mickey, much appreciated.

Are you the first person to rent the condo?

I think it's down up the owner to sort out.

As for opening the shower door too much what are you supposed to do when you shower? Are they wanting you to climb over the top?