Red Shirts Call For 100,000 People Mass Rally At Constitutional Court In Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GentlemanJim said

"What happened to Buchholz? I've missed him."

Buchholz seems to have been "sent to the cornfield", who knows maybe next it will be "GoodbyeDolly"

Meanwhile, back on topic

Touche Monsieur

Bring bring, bring bring, bring bring .........<br /><br />Hello, you have reached rent-a-crowd, we are not in right now, if you need some rabble rousing, a riot, a city burnt down or just some old fashioned civil disobedience, then just leave your name and number, and we will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss details such as method of payment, types of injuries and an ideal number of fatalities. Thank you for your interest in our services.

• Like 1

Chalerm has let the cat out of the bag with his amnesty for Thaksin 'bill', supported by Mr T of course. Yingluck has also come out of the closet with her party political speech in Ulan Bator. Didn't have the courage to do it at home where some questions might have been asked.

The third column is this lot 'demonstrating' their intimidation of the CC. I've lost count of the number of times the mob has intimidated, once physically, the CC judges.

It's not only the red shirts who have an unbalanced view of democracy, but it permeates the PTP who, together with their militia, are taking the country into very dangerous territory again. I hope it doesn't lead to a coup but something has to give before the slippery slide into quasi-dictatorship (again) forces the army into preventing the potential violence that Thaksin is happy to stir up yet again.

• Like 1

Well, at least the Constitutional Court offices are way out of Bangkok along Chaeng Wattana :-)

Thats great, unless you live or have a business around there. Get your fire extinguishers checked, and buy an extra, might need it.

Edited by dcutman

Well, at least the Constitutional Court offices are way out of Bangkok along Chaeng Wattana :-)

The province city halls that were burned in 2010 were also way out of Bangkok.

A rally at the Constitutional Court, 100,000 to come if the judges do not agree to demands.

So, people to be bussed in? K. Korkaew giving speeches from his cozy prison cell nearby? Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm having 500,000++ police officers on standby? Red-shirts guards taking over local security and traffic management?

BTW when does rice planting season start again and what was the official unemployment figure?

• Like 1

A rally at the Constitutional Court, 100,000 to come if the judges do not agree to demands.

So, people to be bussed in? K. Korkaew giving speeches from his cozy prison cell nearby? Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm having 500,000++ police officers on standby? Red-shirts guards taking over local security and traffic management?

BTW when does rice planting season start again and what was the official unemployment figure?

Not really that familiar with the rice planting and rice scheme. Is there going to be a big crop planted this year. I was under the understanding that it was not the grower getting the big buck's but the in between man. The family size paddies were being left out of the deal.

Thats great, unless you live or have a business around there. Get your fire extinguishers checked, and buy an extra, might need it.

Might be a good idea to do your 90 day reports or any other visas at immigration soon before the area is blocked.

dcutman:

You got something to back up your claim ? The only thing I see is weapons in the Red Shirt camp, and Proudly displaying them . Or should we just take your word for it?

hellodolly:

OK now I am wondering I thought that the red shirts had turned the weapons they had taken from the soldiers over.

Now are you saying they didn't and the army captured them. Dam senior moment.

Methee Amornwuthikul turned over his weapons... when he was caught by the cops driving around with them in the back of his car on 22 April!

He confessed the weapons were "confiscated" from the army during the 10 April battle and admitted that he was keeping the weapons "for future use". He told police that he had distributed other weapons to his UDD comrades.

The UDD said he was a fake red.

Edited by sbk
quotes fixed
  • Like 1

^^ Sorry, I really didn't mean for that to be a conversation stopper. After all, the Red Shirts did deny that he was one of them, even if he did organise a Red Shirt protest in 2009.

^^ Sorry, I really didn't mean for that to be a conversation stopper. After all, the Red Shirts did deny that he was one of them, even if he did organise a Red Shirt protest in 2009.

Is there some link to this information or available in some sort of a news source?

OK now I am wondering I thought that the red shirts had turned the weapons they had taken from the soldiers over.

Now are you saying they didn't and the army captured them. Dam senior moment.

Methee Amornwuthikul turned over his weapons... when he was caught by the cops driving around with them in the back of his car on 22 April!

He confessed the weapons were "confiscated" from the army during the 10 April battle and admitted that he was keeping the weapons "for future use". He told police that he had distributed other weapons to his UDD comrades.

Edited by sbk
  • Like 1

Is there some link to this information or available in some sort of a news source?

>Methee Amornwuthikul turned over his weapons... when he was caught by the cops driving around with them in the back of his car on 22 April!

Yes, freely. But there are so many that I don't know to which it is best to link. Just Google "Methee arrested" or "Methee red shirt" or something like that, there's really a lot.

There was a whole load of "incriminating" evidence that Methee gave during his confession, but I don't want to go into all that as both I and the UDD think he is a person of questionable credence and ethics (and before someone starts, it has nothing to do with his gay magazine photos). However he was caught with weapons taken from soldiers on 10 April.

As for the 2009 thing, Google has less, but it was on here too:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/257463-arrest-warrants-issued-for-14-red-shirt-leaders-and-thaksin/page-40

Edited by sbk

Bring bring, bring bring, bring bring .........<br /><br />Hello, you have reached rent-a-crowd, we are not in right now, if you need some rabble rousing, a riot, a city burnt down or just some old fashioned civil disobedience, then just leave your name and number, and we will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss details such as method of payment, types of injuries and an ideal number of fatalities. Thank you for your interest in our services.

from Sondhi Limthongkul sent from two tin cans connected by string

I think TomTao is referring to these guys. Let's stay on-topic.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2010/05/thailands-red-shirts-how-to-hide-army.html

Brilliant article, its so refreshing to read the truth for a change. A truth that's not tainted by the Thaksin spin machine.

• Like 2

Whereas a few pictures are indeed somewhat off topic, some of us still remember the last time red-shirts called for 100,000 or more to come to Bangkok to 'protest'. Wasn't it just after a court made the decision to return just 42 out of 73 billion Baht of confiscated money. No, not confiscated from the people, just confiscated from one of the Amart, Thaksin was his name.

BTW totally unattributed, but MiB still not apprehended and possibly available again to cause a bit more mayhem. Allegedly. Still like a few more Thaksin threats skyped in, not unthinkable. Democratically of course, and all that

I see from a BP article, a number of red shirts are now also targeting the Thai Rath newspaper's building with their rally protests. This is over an editorial cartoon that appeared in their newspaper.

They massed up their yesterday as they seem to not like the notion of a free press.

"Capacity" for democracy requires a social "maturity" that events like this reflect on... The US & EU are no better; running up obviously unpayable debts that voters are soooooo much less concerned with than all their individual wants & agendas, even though they know it means a train wreck ahead for their country. Can rule of, by & for the people survive for long when its citizens behave this way, or does it morph into rule by a small class of untouchable privileged bureaucratic overlords (like T, and those who know how to control the treasury and pander to the mob with it)? We're learning that just because a country calls itself a democracy, and holds "elections", doesn't mean it truly is one.

Are the red colored shirts symbolic for red china? Seems it brings the thug out of these normally docile recants.

A generic revolutionary colour, the Red Shirts are the epitome of Astroturfing, their narrative carefully crafted.

Also, coincidentally, red is Thaksin's "birth colour". Yellow Shirts wear yellow for a similar reason.