Internet In Nimmanhamin Area

heybruce

Does anyone know of a good internet service provider (ISP) in the north Nimmanhamin area, between Warm-Up and Huay Kaew? I don't want to start another Chiang Mai internet topic, there have been plenty of them, but none of them gave me the area specific information I need. I'm looking for a replacement for both my True hard line connection, which has gone downhill significantly in the past year (and which service calls don't improve) and my back-up ISP, CAT mobile internet, which was recently "upgraded" to 3G and is now much slower and less reliable than before. Is there anyone living on Nimmanhamine who is happy with their ISP?

More than 24 hours later and no replies. Does this mean there are no TV members in the Nimmanhamin area that are happy with their ISP? If so, that's bad for me but useful information for anyone considering moving to the area.

There are too many variables to answer such a question.

I have an excellent TOT connection and have had for over 9 years. My neighbour has had nothing but trouble with his TOT connection over the same period.

Why?

Nobody knows - maybe he expects more than me, maybe there is a minor fault in his wiring, maybe he is on a different DSLAM, maybe the websites he uses are different to mine and not so good etc etc

I live in exactly the area you talk about and have TOT, generally never a problem, though as everywhere weather conditions do seem to slow speeds down...like today after a wet night.

its a well known fact that True is not up to the job in this part of Thailand so dont even bother going there...(True I mean; not Chiang Mai)

That's interesting. Eyecatcher, how long have you used TOT in the Nimmanhamin area? Perhaps they upgraded their equipment, or simply ran off so many customers that they can now handle the traffic. I switched to True from TOT five years ago because TOT was horrible, I would only briefly have a connection and never long enough to get anything done. It was worse than dial-up. After many calls to Tech Support I came across one honest service rep who admitted that TOT had lots of problems in my area.

I switched to True because they had just finished some kind of upgrade and installed new connections in this area, and a friend raved about the quality of their service. For about three years it was good but then started going downhill. I assume they have reached saturation in this area, though they won't admit it. I have long maintained that the best ISP is a moving target, I'm just trying to find the current best target (I'll settle for pretty good target) in the Nimmanhamin area.

BTW, I'm not a massive downloader, but I do like to listen to internet radio. I can handle occasional hiccups, but don't like interruptions every five of ten minutes, which is what True frequently gives me, and the hiccups sometimes come in the form of five or ten minute breaks in the music.

Does anyone use an ISP other than True or TOT in Nimmanhamin?