Receiving Thai Emails

jezchesters

Hi! I'm looking for some help...

I can receive emails in Thai script if they are sent in HTML. However, as I use Word for my email editor, if I receive text emails in Thai script, they come out in gobbledygook. Additionally, even when I receive the HTML emails OK, the subject line is still in gobbledygook.

I'm guessing that I probably have to install Thai script in both Word and Outlook - does anyone know how?

Thanks a million!

Jez :o

Jez,

Try the following:

In your Outlook Express click on "VIEW" button and scroll down to "Encoding", and there under the "More" option try the available Thai (Windows).

It should do the trick.

It is depend on the encoding options used by email sender.

Hi! I'm looking for some help...

I can receive emails in Thai script if they are sent in HTML. However, as I use Word for my email editor, if I receive text emails in Thai script, they come out in gobbledygook. Additionally, even when I receive the HTML emails OK, the subject line is still in gobbledygook.

I'm guessing that I probably have to install Thai script in both Word and Outlook - does anyone know how?

Thanks a million!

Jez :D

hi'

get some true type thai font, the most important is "db-thai text", this one can read quite all, it'a bit similar to our courrier font.

if I remember, you can get some from a link on nectec site, but may be someone has a better address :o

francois

Jez,

Try the following:

In your Outlook Express click on "VIEW" button and scroll down to "Encoding", and there under the "More" option try the available Thai (Windows).

It should do the trick.

It is depend on the encoding options used by email sender.

Thanks for the info!

As I am using Outlook rather than Outlook Express, there is no 'Encoding' section on the 'View' menu - do you know how to do the same thing in Oulook?

Cheers!

Jez :o