Laptop Repair

khastan

Hi can anybody offer any advice please. When I went to switch the laptop off it had re started and was waiting for me to enter password to boot into windows vista. Thinking it was another windows update that had downloaded and automatically turned itself off and restarted I thought no more about it and turned it off and went to bed. However when I tried to use it in the morning it would not boot to windows or even get to the enter password screen. I have a recovery disc but that does not work, of the five options available only the doss window and and disc check were usable. I have tried in the doss window with the command lines bcdedit but it is not recognized. I suspect because my laptop is set to run as administrator and I am unable to remove that because I cannot get into my operating system. The laptop is a Acer 8930G and is running on vista home premuim. Anybody any ideas or failing that a reliable tech that knows what they are doing in Nong Khai please.sad.png

Edited by khastan

When you get it up and running, get rid of Vista.

You get a Dos prompt so appears the hdd is spinning. It may be damaged? Can you run a few commands like have a look at the directories, etc...?

Reboot and hit F8 to get into safe mode

Run the diagnostic and reboot.

Remove any data on your machine and install W7

If you cannot get it to boot, make sure you dvd works.

Buy Win 7. Buy a one disk solution, not an installer with lots of programs.

Install it

Delete the hard drive, reformat and install.

Could happen to any os I guess, not surprised its Vista. Nothing but problems.

Edited by bangkokburning