Internet Cache Won't Be Cleared

31o5

Internet cache won't be cleared these days, and also the internet connection is very very bad.

i thought it might be blowser or my PC's problem, but i found that it happenes anywhere in thailand. so i asked friends in other countried, and they says the data is updated immidiately.

these days internet connection is very bad, unconnected very offten, and after re-connected, it reads very old cache.

what's the problem? could anybody give me idea?

Edited by 31o5

hi'

disconnect from the net, disable your antivirus and go to C:\WINDOWS\history

and clean it all, also, go to control panel and under internt settings, clear cache even the so called offline stuff ...

and check the box saying check the page "everytime visited".

you may do this in safe mode logged as an admin.

then run ad_aware or something similar, still in safe mode and the reboot.

it should be better!

francois

True/WinXP/FireFox

but it's not because of browser or PC, it happenes @ office, home, internet cafe etc... i've tried many different browser, asked friends to check it.....

the result is... people in thailand see old cache, people in other countries can see the update immidiately.....

and also these days internet connection is very bad, dissconnected many times, and after re-connected, it reads old data like 3 months ago...! even i delete the file from the server...

it reads old data like 3 months ago...! even i delete the file from the server...

if youre still seeing files from 3 months ago - despite deleting them from the current hosting server - it sounds like a proxy server problem - do you have access to your proxy? or can you get someone to check this for you.

it reads old data like 3 months ago...! even i delete the file from the server...

if youre still seeing files from 3 months ago - despite deleting them from the current hosting server - it sounds like a proxy server problem - do you have access to your proxy? or can you get someone to check this for you.

If you are using a caching proxy server, disable it under "Tools" "Options" "General - Connection settings" and see how it behaves then.

Tell us the URL let us see and fix

http://205.212.189.59/

people in thailand (true user) see this page with broken layout (because it reads old CSS), but people in some other countries see it correct.

now i see it's correct when i access here by dmain name.

http://www.newsclip.be/

bit it still has time rug till the latest data is coming up.

people in Japan see http://205.212.189.59/ = http://www.newsclip.be/

Edited by 31o5

i'm just learning about "proxy"... but many websites i searched by keyword "proxy thailand internet" are blocked by thai gov....!

so many websites are blocked these days.... it's too much!

i'm just learning about "proxy"... but many websites i searched by keyword "proxy thailand internet" are blocked by thai gov....!

so many websites are blocked these days.... it's too much!

if you want to know all about proxy servers - you may have better look getting a definition from wikipedia if youre getting blocked by thai gov...

youre being blocked because thailand opposes the use of anonimisers and anonymous proxy servers... search the forum for "anonymous proxy" for explanations.

all you need to know is this - a proxy server sits somewhere on your isps network - when you type in a web address into your browser - the request is usually sent of to your isp where three things happen.

1. your request goes to the dns server - dns resolves the www.whatever.com address to its IP address 192.168.121.232 or something...

2. your IP address goes off to the Proxy - the proxy will look at the requested IP address to check if it already has a cached copy of the website you require.... by doing this - download time is increased as youre not having to re-invent the wheel - as it were.

3. of course if your proxy doesnt have a record of this - it will either pass it on to another proxy server and make a note of the results or throw the request out to its nearest gateway to go out into the wilderness to find the address.

theres alot more to it than this - but you get the idea - and hopefully can see why a proxy server may be to blame.

i.e. if the proxy is still caching (saving) an old copy of web pages... even if you delete the pages on the hosting server - the requests from other users arent seeing your webpage - theyre seeing an older cached proxy version.

hope that helps

Maybe you can do a net trace to 205.212.189.59 to see if you're being routed through a proxy server at True. On True's home packages, you sure are. For comparison, here's my net trace result on True's business package.

post-14259-1143127337_thumb.jpg

Yes I get different content using name and IP address. I did a tracert to your site using name and IP address the routes are in this case identical -- however this really does'nt necessarily signify as the chances are different protocols (ICMP for tracert and HTTP for the webpages) are routed differently these days.

31o5

A suggestion as in Thailand your subscribers are likely to have proxy problems advise them as best you can always to use the name rather than IP.

An old trick but it might help.

Pressing Shift - Refresh in your browser sends a header to the proxy asking it for a non-cached copy. Results vary depending on the proxy & it's configuration etc.